The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: For those who hate me for gettin duals

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar

For those who hate me for gettin duals

I am getting Nitrous installed this summer or fall, do the duals serve a little more purpose now? A LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITLE?

Experienced TGC Member
    No.

Well maybe if your going spray a 100 shot.

DAMN! im goin 50 at most

01GalantLSV6
    nope, but maybe now you can backfire out of two pipes.

ok then... lock this thread before i start gettin DDT bashed again 8)

not bashing, but the only way duals will ever serve a performance purpose is if you get two headers, which would be pretty much pointless on such a small engine anyways.

NYmagicstk
    <span style='color:blue'>but it sure looks sweet, can you post some pics of your setup? I was looking to do this soon. Do you get even exhaust flow for the most part? where did you place the Y-pipe? Did you remove the little cats? "So many questions... most of them dumb."</span>

NYmagicstk
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(01GalantLSV6)</div><div class='quotemain'>nope, but maybe now you can backfire out of two pipes.</div>
    <span style='color:blue'>Now that's an attention getter if I ever heard one at 3 o' clock in the morning. Lol "They shootin', ah made you look you're a slave to a page in my rhyme book..."</span>

NYMagic I havent gotten the setup complete yet, I dont plan on removing any resonators cuz I dont want it that loud.. the Y pipe will come right after the 2nd resonator, and i recommend running piping no larger than 2.25" to the mufflers, I'm running 2" to make sure I dont lose backpressure... and you're right, it does look sweet As far as exhaust flow, ive heard the best so far w/ the duals is 60/40, I'll let you know how it gets when I get my duals.

TGC Regular
    [quote=NYmagicstk]
    Quote Originally Posted by 01GalantLSV6
    nope, but maybe now you can backfire out of two pipes.
    <span style='color:blue'>Now that's an attention getter if I ever heard one at 3 o' clock in the morning. Lol "They shootin', ah made you look you're a slave to a page in my rhyme book..."</span>

...getting big money, playboy your times up. Where them ganstas where them dimes at.... hahaha, that shit is fire

when is we gon be free????

TGC Regular
    btw the only reason that I wouldn't like your exhaust would be if it sounded like crap 8) keep us informed w/ your n2o setup...

when is we gon be free????

Quote Originally Posted by Serstylz2
    ...and i recommend running piping no larger than 2.25" to the mufflers, I'm running 2" to make sure I dont lose backpressure...
    :thumbsup:

just change "to make sure i dont lose backpressure" to "to make sure i don't gain too much backpressure"

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    No.

Well maybe if your going spray a 100 shot.
    not even a 250 shot will do anything. if it's a Y split from one pipe to two of them, then it's still just like a single exhaust. unless there are two headers, nothing is gained.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

hey sazbi, elaborate... I always thought when increasing the pipe diameter w.out some form of induction, backpressure was lost. How does it really work?

lol well, overall, backpressure may be reduced, but doesn't cause a loss of power, less back pressure almost always is better. what happens is every time one of the cylinders fires, and dumps the exhaust, there is high pressure in the front of the exhaust pulse, and lower pressure at the rear of the exhaust pulse. with well designed headers/exhaust, (based on length of each runner, tubing diameter), at a certain range of rpms, the pulses are timed so that as one pressure pulse travels through, the next pulse is timed to enter the stream as the pulse before it goes low, having the effect of sucking in the next one. as the diameter of the pipe gets larger, the rpm range that this effect is optimal on a given setup is increased. if you can't push enough air, then that range may become higher than the rpms you can attain. in an improperly designed system, throughout the entire powerband, pulses will be colliding, high to high, thus raising the effective backpressure, and reducing exhaust gas velocity, and leaving more remnants in the cylinder.

the stock system is designed to provide this scavenging effect at lower rpms, but becomes very limiting at high rpms. a good aftermarket system is designed to raise the optimal rpms for the scavenging effect but not so high as to sacrifice all low end power, and in a range that the engine spends its time in during hard acceleration. sorry if that sounds confusing, i'll try to find a good writeup, as i know there are many that go more in depth, and i don't feel like drawing up diagrams.

i understand what you are saying, no need for more typing hassle. Thanks for the reply

You feel :oops: .
    Love,
    Matt

GsRus
    nitrous is rice

ur rice

01GalantLSV6
    not nice

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast