The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: which turbo ?

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
    datdude305

which turbo ?

basiclyy i hear t3 Bsomething or another i wanna go turbo but wut would be the best turbo 4 a 4g64 something with not to much lag for daily drive till i buy myself a beater but strong enough to hole crazy horsepower

ohhh btw best place to get a turbo cheap ? other than egay hopefully new

GalantGuy96
    14b
    dsmtrader

theblackpearl
    search!

datdude305
    i did search i can tell u every detail about how a turbo works but damn i just wanna know wut is the best

GalantGuy96
    i just told you bitch

no need for the harsh language
    Sold Burgandy ES 2001

Now Own A 2002 Subaru Wrx

14b... easy to find and cheap. Use a 2g Eclipse exhaust mani. Hardly no lag only thing is your going to have to get rid of your a/c...

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

quick question....why do you need to get rid of your A/C?
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

cuz it robs you of 5 h.p! duh! nah. yes please do tell i never heard if u turbo ur car u need to drop the a/c
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

GalantGuy96
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu_MaTiC
    no need for the harsh language
    he knows im joking bitch...

btw, im joking about that too bitch.

datdude305
    yes i knew u where joking and other than the G being a fat bitch why would i take off the ac fitment issues ?!?!?

i live in miami i cant just strip the ac

btw wut would be the next size up cuz i am allready picking between 2 cars to drive while the G is down

so i am gonna spary to my wallet all but disappears

If your looking at the engine from the front of the car on the 1g or 2g eclipse exhaust main it sits to the left. It sits so far to the left that it makes the turbo sit right above the a/c. You might be able to save the a/c if you can find someone to reweld some new lines. We never went beyond that because it was just easier to remove it. Brandon aka underated did this set up...

This is why I am choosing to use a evo VIII mani with stock turbo because it actually sits to the right away from the a/c. Only thing is that I keep hearing is it will be in the way of the starter but I won't know that until I get my turbo in and test fit.

Step above a 14b is a 16g......

You will also need injectors and a custom down pipe. A few other things but then this is going to be a long thread. It is very possiable to turbo a 4G64 for between $500.00 to $1,000.00.

datdude305
    hold on so y not just use a evo 8 mani thats wut i was thinking anyway
    damn this really has me worried so will the 16g bolt up to an evo 8 mani or not

Quote Originally Posted by datdude305
    hold on so y not just use a evo 8 mani thats wut i was thinking anyway
    damn this really has me worried so will the 16g bolt up to an evo 8 mani or not
    Not just any 16g you need one from a evo IV to a VIII twin scroll. If you are not planning to build up your internals and keep boost low then your also going to need an external wastegate. You will not be able to use the stock internal wasetgate. IMO you can boost safely from 5 to 8psi but I wouldn't think about anymore unless you where planning to work on your internals.

datdude305
    like i said i am getting a beater car so i wanna get everything i need to be running it on boost right when the engine comes back from the shop lil by lil i am buying the parts.

damn jason droppin knowledge

this is why you cant use those parts and keep your a/c or your passenger side fan (14b turbo with 2g manifold)

Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Dropping knowledge but your the one who paved the way bro...

I was told that a t3/t4 hybrid would be good for the 4g64. How true is that?

I also found this searching the net.
    http://www.fiautosports.com/3g.html
    Is this a full kit?
    Any comments?

Back from the dead!!!

haha jason lets put norcal on the map soon to be 3 turbo galants in the area thats a beautiful thing lol
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

datdude305
    im tring to get miami up there but its not that easy