The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Expensive coils vs AGX?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    i really want to get some teins but man damm paying for school and shit.. cant save so much money for them.. damm. i just wish!!!
    # biggeners... save money and get teins..
    # people who already have spend thie money in springs .. u can o with agx.. i guess..
    may be for my next car.. lol

8G_GTZ
    strut/spring assembly:

True coilover system:

TEIN Basic Damper Kit

JIC Magic Coilovers

hope that helps to break it down so you can see the difference

Steve

JIC is too crazy for daily driving. FORGET the Tein basic. Why spend money for those when u can go SS for a little bit more. Basic has ride height adjustment, SS has that PLUS 16 dampening setting. My life-time alignment is @ Discount Tire Center near me. It cost 150.0 or 160.00, i forget, but the manager has a nice s14 and always deals w/ lowered cars, so they can do my lifetime even with my low setup. Most places can do it honestly, as long as they have the triangle wood pieces that go infront of the ramp to help increase clearance. But shops are scared still for liability of damage.
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

$300 isnt a little bit more. thats like a weeks pay. haha

Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    $300 isnt a little bit more. thats like a weeks pay. haha
    so then wait a week.

8G_GTZ
    that's not even 2 for me.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillyasianz
    remember. our state law is that we cannot have a ride height that goes lower than then bottom part of our rim. So if u have springs/coils then ur okay, but if u get a *real* (hehe) suspension, then adjust it correctly, and please lock it so it wont loosen and slowly lower your car more and more. Dont forget to find a shop that has life time alignment and can do lowered cars (incase you decide to adjust the height or slam it for shows, you will need to re-align it.
    Great points. I believe our law states that the drop can't be any lower than 24" from the center of the headlight to the ground. Though then again, if your bumper is approaching the end of your rim, your probably way under 24".

Also thats a good idea about getting the lifetime alignment, how much does it usually run? As it is, my alignment goes out of wack with all the pot holes and such.

edit: NM, looks like I was reffering to 'raising the car past 24"s', NOT lowering...makes me wonder if our stock 4x4 suspensions are illegal.
    haha! so i'm allowed to roll w/ my kit (when i get around to having it installed) 2 inches off the ground and still b legal i guess.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12