The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help!: what are the thread sizes on a 6G VR4 13g turbo?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar

help!: what are the thread sizes on a 6G VR4 13g turbo?

i have a 13g off a 6th generation VR4 galant and i'm having a hell of a time finding fittings to go into the oil feed inlet and the water inlet/outlet. i'm going to get AN-barb or flare-barb fittings, but i've been to two plumbing/hose adapter stores and they are completely stumped on what fits. does anyone know the specifications or thread sizes to these inlets/outlet? again, the oil feed and water feed and return, thanks
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    13g off a 6gvr4? I never knew they came with anything except 14bs. Call up RRE, tell them you have a 13g, they should be able to hook you up.
    7g for life!

already did, they don't know anything about it. i'm 2 seconds away from buying a 14b......

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    already did, they don't know anything about it. i'm 2 seconds away from buying a 14b......
    Sell me your 13g if you get a 14b.

ken inn
    should be the exact same as the 14b. the 13g came on automatic trans motors. my jdm motor had one on it. all the lines are identical, just the turbo is smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by ken inn
    should be the exact same as the 14b. the 13g came on automatic trans motors. my jdm motor had one on it. all the lines are identical, just the turbo is smaller.
    actually the cartridge is different for whatever reason. i sent him a set of lines i had from one of my extra 14b's. i also matched him up some fittings at a hydrolic store using a 14b cartridge. no dice

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

try a m10x1.5 (or 1.25 i cant find my reciept) to -an4 or 3 that should work for you. you will need to go to a big industrial hose and fitting place or order it online. you could go to mitsu and get the oil feed from them and get a -an banjo fitting adapter or just use the stock line an modify it to work with your setup. this is what i was talking about when i said piecing together a kit is a pain in the ass its little stuff like this that will give you a headache but remember it is all worth it in the end good luck man hit me up if you need any more help
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

ok guys, i went to mitsubishi dealership today, spent 30 minutes walking this guy through how a turbo gets oil and coolant and sends the coolant back. i ordered the oil feed banjo bolt, water feed banjo bolt and water return banjo bolt. i figure once i get the banjo bolts and if they fit i can get a custom banjo fitting made at this industrial hose place by my house.

and underated, i'm gonna try those two measurements tommorow at the hose store. thanks for the help guys

1994 Galant GS 5spd

ken inn
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCSTUNR
    actually the cartridge is different for whatever reason. i sent him a set of lines i had from one of my extra 14b's. i also matched him up some fittings at a hydrolic store using a 14b cartridge. no dice
    then his turbo is from something else. i reused the lines on my vr4 when i installed the jdm motor. i reused the oil drain line from my original motor, and i gave the jdm one to a talon owner, it bolted right up. the only completely different parts was the sheet metal cover between the block and the bell housing(didnt find out until AFTER i had installted the trans, then the LAST freakin bolt for the starter would not go thru. had to drop the trans, remove clutch, flywheel, yada, yada). and the little spacer in the back of the crank. THAT was a beyatch, too.

horay! got the bolts from mitsu today, they all fit perfectly. too bad i still can't figure out what thread sizes they are......

1994 Galant GS 5spd