The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: steering wheel vibrates like a bitch when R in engaged(auto)

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

steering wheel vibrates like a bitch when R in engaged(auto)

why is this happening? It's more noticable when car is cold..

i had the same problem I just took my drums off and found out that the brakes were too loose so i tightened em up and blew out all the brake dust in there lol. Problem went away. Hope this helps

I second that they can be to tight or to loose or something can be binding. If its too loose its simple to fix. just put the drum bak on and on the rear of it should be a slot for the adjuster click it like 4-5 times then check how the drum moves if its still loose click it some more
    YES I STILL HAVE MY GALANT!!

does this also happens when your car is in Drive and you are at light or when you are stopped.

If so then its your motor mounts, to be completely sure the car will make a growl type of sound when you step on the gas.

Also it can be the brakes that have not been tighten also

hope this helps
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

shannon957g
    I had the same problem with my old G after I dragged it through a drainage ditch.

It was 4 a.m. the stop sign was way before the ditch and I turned right, but the Galant still pulled through.

SCCRRRAAPPPEEE!!

In the morning, my friend found a huge pool of tranny fluid in his driveway.....

Lucky my car made it back to my house, 9 miles away, only to bleed some more. That shit looked like blood...oh so sad....

It only did it in reverse, not drive or anything.

Prob a broken motor mount.
    Good luck homie.

Quote Originally Posted by Joaltava
    does this also happens when your car is in Drive and you are at light or when you are stopped.

If so then its your motor mounts, to be completely sure the car will make a growl type of sound when you step on the gas.

Also it can be the brakes that have not been tighten also

hope this helps
    only when the brake is pressed and selector is in R

:? Right now it happening to me, but i had to change the tranny mounts, the front and the rear. The funny thing is i was only able to change the front one b/c the shops ive gone to dont seem to have the rear one in stock. i need to get fixed, the shackin is not cool for me or the ladies. :shock:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95mitsu03)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>does this also happens when your car is in Drive and you are at light or when you are stopped.

Also it can be the brakes that have not been tighten also Â*

hope this helps</div>
    only when the brake is pressed and selector is in R</div>

Most likely its your motor mounts, specially the one's on the tranny itself

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    Tranny Mount is bad.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

How Many moounts are there? i changed one so far. I changed the front one.

there are 4 mounts, 3 of them are on the tranny and one the timing belt side

SamirDarji
    I had the same problem. It was the motor mount by the timing belt cover. Wasn't that hard to replace at all. Solved the problem.

shannon957g
    Could a broken mount cause a stuttering in acceleration?

Because on a friends Camaro, he had a broken tranny mount, and the transmission MOVED...so, could that cause a stuttering in acceleration?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bronxbombr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Tranny Mount is bad.</div>

was looking at them today, damn its broke!!! suggest I change them all? can you get them? these will be oem right?

changing my oil today and noticed all my mounts are bad. would I have any problems? I was thinking of changing them when I do my 5spd swap this summer. would bad mounts hurt the car in anyway?