The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NEED OPINIONS ON MAACO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    Faction
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    IMO Maaco is Garbage. I am yet to see a good quality paintjob come out of there. Orange peel like a mofo
    MAACO here in jacksonville SUCKS

Well I can tell you my experience I just had with Maaco in Utah. I was just in a accident and needed my bumbper painted, dents taken out, and a new light. The guy that hit me worked there so he did it on his down time. I must say HE did VERY GOOOOD WORK and I was very surprised. It did take a LOOONG time to complete the job but that was cause he w as doing it on his spare time.
    No more Galant. Hello G35 and a GREAT BIG HELLO TO MY TURBO! :)
    <><>www.freesurveymoney.webs.com<><>
    Earn easy money, NO you do NOT need a credit or debit card!! Free
    I have proof upon request

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by digital_ripper04
    Well I can tell you my experience I just had with Maaco in Utah. I was just in a accident and needed my bumbper painted, dents taken out, and a new light. The guy that hit me worked there so he did it on his down time. I must say HE did VERY GOOOOD WORK and I was very surprised. It did take a LOOONG time to complete the job but that was cause he w as doing it on his spare time.
    I say the longer the better.

Good paints jobs can take up to a few months to complete.

Maaco did my Shadow when it was in an accident. They had a pretty bad run on the trunk and in about four-five months the paint was flaking off the front. Wasn't too impressed. Oh yea, and they didn't clean my interior. There was a haze of paint dust all over everything, took forever to clean it up.

ive had a few peels on mine. Just take it back and theyll repaint the area though

GEMINITHUG
    i was just thinking of getting my bumper painted at maaco next saturday
    ill let you know how it goes and maybe post pics. living here in NYC i have to repaint that thing every summer, damn people dont know how to park without hitting you :evil:

Experienced TGC Member
    maaco does a pretty good job, when i got rear ended, they painted my back bumper for about 175 and it came out pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    Quote Originally Posted by digital_ripper04
    I say the longer the better.

Good paints jobs can take up to a few months to complete.
    LMAO, it was about 4 inches long and a inch wide haha it shouldnt have taken that long
    No more Galant. Hello G35 and a GREAT BIG HELLO TO MY TURBO! :)
    <><>www.freesurveymoney.webs.com<><>
    Earn easy money, NO you do NOT need a credit or debit card!! Free
    I have proof upon request

How's your Maaco paint jobs now for those who had their rides done through Maaco?

Ive only seen one job, and it was decent for a black car.

Quote Originally Posted by DrunKenG View Post
    How's your Maaco paint jobs now for those who had their rides done through Maaco?
    Check my garage, it has pictures of before and after a Maaco paint job. It was decent, though you need to keep the car clean after that (wash it regular and wax it once in a way). The paint does start peeling if they miss clear coating something. Go for the $1000 paint job not the base one, makes a big difference.

Also each branch is different (franchise), so they are owned and operated by individuals. You have to find a good one. Check the reviews and then go. Also the newer ones are always better than the older ones. They used to use Dupont, now they use Sherwin Williams paints, if I remember right.

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Check my garage, it has pictures of before and after a Maaco paint job. It was decent, though you need to keep the car clean after that (wash it regular and wax it once in a way). The paint does start peeling if they miss clear coating something. Go for the $1000 paint job not the base one, makes a big difference.

Also each branch is different (franchise), so they are owned and operated by individuals. You have to find a good one. Check the reviews and then go. Also the newer ones are always better than the older ones. They used to use Dupont, now they use Sherwin Williams paints, if I remember right.
    This. I got a buddy who manages a Maaco and some of the cars he's done are trophy winners at car shows.

This other guy I shoot the breeze with at a local 7/11 also works at a different Maaco and the quality his store does is satisfactory at most. Its a hit and miss basically.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carl3g View Post
    This. I got a buddy who manages a Maaco and some of the cars he's done are trophy winners at car shows.

This other guy I shoot the breeze with at a local 7/11 also works at a different Maaco and the quality his store does is satisfactory at most. Its a hit and miss basically.
    True. I've seen bad jobs and one good one. So its a gamble
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    jesus this thread goes back a ways

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12