The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new 14b record

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    ken inn

new 14b record

not a galant, but close. for all you guys who think you need a big ass turbo to go fast. the 14b is a good turbo.

http://www.94tsiawd.com/Goodwill1.html

it should be noted that this car is extremely stripped. it only has a 1 gallon fuel cell. it only weighs 2524 stock, before being stripped. and it is on slicks. this can by no means be considered a "street car"

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I know DSMotorsports Talon was in the mid 11s on a 14b. Not sure what it runs now cause they arent running it in the stock turbo class anymore or whatever...
    7g for life!

01GalantLSV6
    sabzi makes a very good point. this car was purely stripped, put on slicks in the front and skinnies on the back, and still made a mid 11 pass. so yea, you dont need a huge turbo to make good power, but a 14b really is a pretty weak turbo on any car that is street driven.

i read an article a couple of years ago in Turbo Magazine. it was in the readers "ask the pro's forum. They said they get hundreds of these every month so they decided to answer it once and for all with a bang.

anyways the question is the ever popular conundrum, "How do i make free horsepower?"
    they used a nissan sentra to solve the riddle in great smart ass fashion.
    they made it look just like a tutorial being dead serious with every mod. basically, they removed the exhaust, pulled the air box, then the hood, then the bumbers and a/c... ... and they got it to the point where they had hacked the car to nothing but a flat chassis(no roof or pillars) the driver sat on a milk crate, there was nothing else but four mini spares a steering wheel and a engine.
    i think the car ran middle 12's

yeah off topic I know. but i thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

that's awesome, although removing weight doesn't actually make hp, but that's still sweet.

yeah i saw that article..........pretty damn hilarious

didnt somebody post that thread here before with pics?
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

Yes they did, if I wasnt so lazy Id find it and link it here.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LJM9000)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes they did, if I wasnt so lazy Id find it and link it here.</div>

I guess I was lazy too
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

leadfoot
    from what i read they only got it down to a 14 flat i think thats 1.5 sec faster in the 1/4 mile than stock.