The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: AEM CAI or V2

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    TGC Regular

AEM CAI or V2

Ok so i am going with the AEM Intake....Just dont know which one to get. SHould i get the Regualr CAI or the V2?

maximus
    I just ordered the v2 intake it should be here on the 21st.I will post some results compaired to my old injen intake if there is any.maximus

honestly whether it's the V1 or the V2 they both are the same. your not gonna see that much difference. if you have teh extra monty then sure go with teh V2 but if not then the V1 is just as good
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

maximus
    I just got my aem v2 today in the mail.The thing is crazy looking.I will install it tomorrow and let you all know how it is.It uses the same mounting points as the injen so bolting it up is no problem.I can't wait to see how it sounds.Hopefully there will be no whistle like the injen.I will let you know how it fits.later maximus

maximus
    The aem v2 is on.I like it very much but you will still get a slight whistle from the intake.I think the whistle sound is a little quiter than on the injen it is more like a hiss sound compared to a whistle.The intake is loader than the injen above 3500 rpm this intake really opens up.I couldn't believe the sound it made the first time I drove it.The install was simple and it bolted right up no fabrication needed.I would recommend this intake for any member interested in buying one.I hope this helps you guys in making a decision.I wish I has dyno numbers to post but not at this time.Later maximus

were did you guys buy from??
    SportBike Powder Coating
    "Not Just Bikes"

[email protected]
    Photos
    http://www.photobucket.com/sportbikepowdrcoating

maximus
    I bought mine on e-bay for 220.00 It was the cheapest I could find.The guys name was aem brute.Hope this helps maximus

Did you put the AEM V2 on the 4g64 or the V6 engine. Do you have any pictures. I want to see how it looks. Some people told me the V2 doesn't fit the Galants and now it seems they were wrong. What is the exact part number?

i say go with injen.. luv mine..

theblackpearl
    i saw the v2 on an eclipse at mod05 and that thing looks burly as hell man..not sure what it is like performance wise but it looks liek a beast...

maximus
    I have the 4g64 galant and installed the aem v2 intake it fits perfect.I have made some changes under the hood I just installed my custom intake manifold so I had to make some changes to the v2 but it still bolts up and the thing is crazy.I love it and I have had the injen race cai,aem cai now the v2 is the best so far.I will take some pics tomorrow and put them on my car domain site I don't know how to post them on here.If you want me to send them dirctly to your e-mail pm me your info.Later maximus

what the outside diameter of the piping?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

maximus
    The lower part of the v2 is 3.5" piping and the upper part that goes to the throttle body is 2.75" piping.