The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 16g on an 8g?????

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

16g on an 8g?????

I plan to be turboed by this time next year but as of now I am doing my research. Can I have a 16g turbo installed on my 8g w/o removing things from my engine bay. I read somewhere about removing the a/c for certain turbos but I is too fuckin <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:25pt;line-height:100%'>HOT</span></span> in Houston for that shit. So any help and or advice would be greatly appreciated on this subjet?

edit:
    I am not asking what parts are needed to go turbo I am just asking about the fitment of the 16g on the 4g64. Does anyone know someone that has installed this setup?

Back from the dead!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Do a search, this topic has been covered to death. There should be a topic on it on this front page
    7g for life!

I searched b4 I posted the topic . I saw things u need to remove to install but what I am tryin to find out is if there is anything that needs to be removed permanently such as the a/c, like I said in my initial post. If the topic has been covered so many times and you make it seem like it is in plain view post the link. I did a manual search and I looked on the first page of the "Turbos, SuperChargers & Nitrous" forum. If this is the post you are referencing to...
    If your looking at the engine from the front of the car on the 1g or 2g eclipse exhaust main it sits to the left. It sits so far to the left that it makes the turbo sit right above the a/c. You might be able to save the a/c if you can find someone to reweld some new lines. We never went beyond that because it was just easier to remove it. Brandon aka underated did this set up...

This is why I am choosing to use a evo VIII mani with stock turbo because it actually sits to the right away from the a/c. Only thing is that I keep hearing is it will be in the way of the starter but I won't know that until I get my turbo in and test fit.

Step above a 14b is a 16g......

You will also need injectors and a custom down pipe. A few other things but then this is going to be a long thread. It is very possiable to turbo a 4G64 for between $500.00 to $1,000.00. then it did not answer my question.
    Then thanks for your help but my question remains unanswered :cry: . In no way am I tryin to be an ass. I'm just tryin to seek some assistance.

Back from the dead!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    if it's really that hot you'll want to get an oil cooler
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

80 views and still no answer :?: :cry: :cry: :?:

Back from the dead!!!

brandon
    Perhaps no one has installed one?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Perhaps no one has installed one? Â* </div>

I guess you are absolutely right. But to all who have replied thanks.

Back from the dead!!!

One of our TGCLV member DJ Galant back in 03 was 1 of the 1st that turboed the 8G with a 16g in the West Coast.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

I say search all his post about his kit.
    myspace.com/xxxJ3ffReYxxx
    TEAM TGCLV
    TEAM DOWNFORCE
    LVEVO.org

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>One of our TGCLV member DJ Galant back in 03 was 1 of the 1st that turboed the 8G with a 16g in the West Coast. </div>Thanks for the info!!!

Back from the dead!!!

still no answer to your question?

here i'll help you out, first you can fit a 16g (same size as the 14b) on the 8th gen the only reason you would have to remove your a/c is if you used a stock eclipse o2 housing since they are made to face the other direction. when you put them on the 8th gen the outlet faces the fans in the front of the car so not only do you have to remove the a/c cuz the lines block the housing you have to remove the passenger side fan cuz it will be melted by the heat from the downpipe. the only way you will be able to keep the a/c and your fan is to get a custom o2 housing made. you will need an external wastegate and a o2 housing flange from www.roadraceengineering.com check thier DIY section
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Thanks for that info. I finally got the kind of answer I was lookin for. I think I will be better off going custom, I researched a couple of kits and they are high in price and aren't complete. So I am planning on buying the turbo, fmic, wastegate, bov, injectors, fpr seperate and get the other parts custom made or steal from a donor. As you can see not that knowledgeable on turbo system but I am learning.

Back from the dead!!!

Which kits did you research?
    Love,
    Matt

http://fiautosports.com/groupbuy.htm
    this is one of them, but I cant remember where I saw the other one but it was more than 4 grand if I remember correctly it was a complete kit.

Back from the dead!!!

you wouldn't have to remove the passenger side fan if you used exhaust wrap on the downpipe. so long as there is clearance.
    i have header wrap on my turbo manifold, i can come right off the highway from a twenty mile drive and put my hand right on the runners while the engine is still on and my turbine is glowing.
    i swear by the stuff.

then you could do the vfaq mod to make both fans turn on at the same time every time they are supposed to.
    much better cooling IMO

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

its not the heat it the clearance for the fan thats the problem but some slim fans would solve that or what i mentioned above about the o2 housing but heat wrap is a good idea too
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

j686m
    i was wandering.... the evo8 has a/c and the engine is similar to our '64 why can we used an evo8 manifold/turbo/o2 housing/downpipe setup on our cars? ive heard the starter is in the way. is the starter in a different spot than our engines? too bad cuz i have seen the this whole setup on ebay for pretty cheap because of evo8 people upgrading

Quote Originally Posted by j686m
    i was wandering.... the evo8 has a/c and the engine is similar to our '64 why can we used an evo8 manifold/turbo/o2 housing/downpipe setup on our cars? ive heard the starter is in the way. is the starter in a different spot than our engines? too bad cuz i have seen the this whole setup on ebay for pretty cheap because of evo8 people upgrading
    Its not that we can not use them its just the cost of it. That twin scroll is worth more then your 4g64! Doubt me put them both on ebay see which one sells lol

shortdogg2k05: REalistically how could you send your hard earned money to a site that has stolen jpegs all over there site? They have no contact information...wait just an email address. Your better off talking to some local tuners to see (if there exists) if there is a reputable shop in your area let them do the custom work.

the evo setup would work cuz it is setup to work on a transverse engine like our '64 the 1g and 2g setups are not trandverse engines so everything is switched around mirrored to ours