The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Header for our 7g's from the 2g eclipse's. Will they work?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30

Header for our 7g's from the 2g eclipse's. Will they work?

Quote Originally Posted by AWDsuperstar
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun7g
    first i'd like to clarify you getting a header, not headers(not to sound like a dick). only cat back you will get is a custom bent one. i have intake, high flow cat, and a DTM style muffler. it is very loud and only ricey past 4k. just for your information. hope that helps

steve
    Or you could get a 2g fwd catback if you have a 7g. It fits on every hanger except the back one, just need to make the one on the end of the muffler 2 inches longer. You also need to add about 4 inches of pipe so you can connect it to the cat. A muffler shop will do all that for about $15.

Joe
    Guys after searching on ebay and other places i have found two companies that state they sell the 2g header on ebay for cheap price.
    here there are

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=7969241182
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP..._PcY_BIN_Stores

They state that this header will fit the 4g63 engines, and from what some people tell me is that they will mount up but i will have to mod the dowmpipe

Can anyone confirm this for me
    and is this correct
    1994 GS DOHC 2.4L 5spd (For Sale)
    1996 S SOHC 2.4L 5spd (Up and Running)

the only 2g models that had the 4g63 were the turbo models.

the only n/a motor that hte 2g eclipse had that would have headers that would fit the 7g is the spyder. but the spyder didn't have the 2.0L but the 2.4L

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

dude you are correct, i never thought that they stopped making the 4g63 after 94, i guess i didnt do my homework in regards to that, the worst part is that the companies told me that these header will work on the engines of the 63.

Now let me get something right

The 4g63 was put on the models from 1990-1994 only

they still make the 4g63. it was using in the evo's and the 2g eclipse. but they were the turbo models.

the 1g eclipse had the 4g63 in a n/a version but not the 2g or 3g eclipse.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    the 2g eclipse TURBO manifold will bolt up to your block fine. however, it's not going to do much good considering you don't have a turbo and you'll have to get a down-pipe made from the manifold to your flex pipe. basically, not worth it considering the power gains will be pretty non-existant. maybe you might get something, but for the money you'll be spending, not worth it.

the RS/GS eclipse comes with the 420a motor. not a 4g64.

the only headers that will fit are from the 2G spyder 2.4L. it's questionable if you will have to get a custom pipe made again. but good luck finding headers for the eclipse spyder.

basically, you have to get the RPW headers from vision imports. RPW = great company. vision imports = currently competing for the worst company of the year award.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

see man this is my problem
    i want to put a header in my car but the problem is i dont find them, the only one i found was these from OBX
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...TRK%3AMEWA%3AIT
    but from what i have read everyone says that they are bad header, but what i dont understand is obx says that will give the header a lifetime warranty on them.
    I personally think thats awsome

yeah i have hear about those headers from RPW, but what i have heard also is that they are really expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Joaltava
    yeah i have hear about those headers from RPW, but what i have heard also is that they are really expensive

They are 575 shipped from vision imports. I just talked with them earlier today.

thaks man but $575 dollars for headers that will only give me like 10-15hp is not worth it. the most i will pay is $250 tops.

That 575 comes with the downpipe also. It is kind of spendy but I have heard good things about their headers. I have also talked with RPW personally and they said if you aren't happy with your local dealer "Visionimports," you can buy through them. They are in Australia though so who knows how much faster their shipping would be then Vision.

obx says that will give the header a lifetime warranty on them.
    yeah, it sounds awesome. i dont know if OBX will cover a warranty of a product sold via private sale, since ebay is a private seller middle-man. also, just because it says lifetime warranty, doesn't mean they will actually care when you go to file for your warranty. i've bought so much stuff that came with a "warranty" but when i tried to claim damage on that warranty, the company would wiggle their way out of it or say that i had a rare problem they can't cover.

and i highly doubt you'll ever see 10hp from headers on our engines. and didn't mindless say something about how these won't fit??

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Mindless
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    obx says that will give the header a lifetime warranty on them.
    yeah, it sounds awesome. i dont know if OBX will cover a warranty of a product sold via private sale, since ebay is a private seller middle-man. also, just because it says lifetime warranty, doesn't mean they will actually care when you go to file for your warranty. i've bought so much stuff that came with a "warranty" but when i tried to claim damage on that warranty, the company would wiggle their way out of it or say that i had a rare problem they can't cover.

and i highly doubt you'll ever see 10hp from headers on our engines. and didn't mindless say something about how these won't fit??
    OBX will not (In my experience) honor a warranty even if it's coming from the seller especially if the header is not specifically for your car.

The 8g header will bolt up but you need to be aware of:

1) The DP will not work so you will have to get one custom bent. Or if you can weld you can buy the bends and flanges and make your own.

2) The header might rub the oil pan. I say might because I have an 8g header on my car and iy did rub the oil pan when I was trying to put it on. The header had to be bent to clear the oil pan.

There's other stuff but I can't remember right now. Check the other thread you made. I think I covered everything there.

Get the shortie header from obx, that will be your best bet. Total bolt on with some horse power increase, no tuning needed, and no messing with the down pipe. When you get the long tube header, tuning will definitely be needed or you'll be running rich. Long tube header equals investing in SAFC II, catback exhuast, either bigger injectors or FPR, and O-2 sim. Draw back to long tube header are decrease in gas mileage and a decrease in low end torque. But the gains are mainly seen in the mid to upper rpms.

ok guys check this out

i have found some headers for the 00-04 galants 4 cylinders
    from what i have header these will bolt but i will have to get a custom down pipe. Now they are OBX which everyone here says they are bad, but i think for the price they are pretty good.

Check it out
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Joaltava)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok guys check this out Â*

i have found some headers for the 00-04 galants 4 cylinders
    from what i have header these will bolt but i will have to get a custom down pipe. Now they are OBX which everyone here says they are bad, but i think for the price they are pretty good.

Check it out Â*http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7969306775&catego ry=33631&sspagename=WDVW</div>

well if everyone here says they are bad, despite the price, they are still bad. a great price doesn't make a shitty product good.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Import_Beast
    kind of unrelated but a friend of mine is in the process of turboeing his early-mid 90's accord, and he said he was using a 14b turbo off the 2g eclipse and the manifold off the eclipse..is it possible to fit the eclipse headers on the accord? ...if so wouldnt in theory the accord headers also fit on the galant?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Import_Beast)</div><div class='quotemain'>.is it possible to fit the eclipse headers on the accord? </div>

well we'll certainly know when he tries to put them on i highly doubt it though

1994 Galant GS 5spd

well the only way to find out is by someone measuring the distance of the mounting holes from the accord and the galant and then comparing to see if they are alike, not to mention if the manifold will go dowm enough not to hit the engine block itself. But first which year accord suposely the header will work on out g's

from what i read the accord models vary from 1990-1996 models i think cause on the last post it show a 94-96 model accord, i have also been some research but on pics of manifolds from accords and from the 8g and they both look the same.

The only way to find out is if the header will work, now i have a friend that i can persuade into buying headers for his accord and then i will try to bolt them on i guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast