The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: S-AFC troubles

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
    Senior TGC Member

S-AFC troubles

Went into the shop with diagrams I printed out in hand and...they told me it didn't match up. Neither the Eclipse GT nor the Galant V6 diagrams (both from TGC post and the dealer service dept) matched my car. They found my ECU in the center console right under the A/C controls in front of the tranny shifter. Is that where the ECU is supposed to be? I know in the Eclipse it's in the glovebox but there's nothing in my glove box except for the airbag and A/C filter. If that's not where it's supposed to be...who the heck put together my car? First my car has Deerborn as final assembly point and now this...any help would sure be appreciated.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

SuperchargedGTZ
    it is not in the glove box it is underneath and behind. you literally have to remove the glovebox and the air duct behind it to get to it. Then you have look underneath and there is the ECM. i tried installing my afc and i found that is where you need to do your splicing.

Just as the above post states, it is behind the glove box behind the air vent. I have no idea what you are looking at by the shifter. Maybe Allan can help.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

There are 3 ECUs somewhere behind the A/C controls:

-Cruise Control ECU
    -Immobilizer ECU
    -SRS ECU

But I don't think those are the ones you're looking for.

service manual --> https://thegalantcenter2.com/8GManual/70.pdf

Jay
    <a href="http://jayd.net" target="_blank">Ride With Me Home</a>

Senior TGC Member
    Thanks for the info, gonna go take another more extensive look...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Senior TGC Member
    I think I have found the ECU...or at least the wires that lead to it. I was looking deep into my glovebox, past a little black grid looking thing (I'm gonna guess it's the vent you folks were talking about) I could even see the silver paint of my firewall and saw a bundle of wire with blue/white/green/orange about the thickness of my index finger or maybe even my thumb wrapped in black tape spiraling around it on the side closest to the center console of the car that led up into the dashboard. Did I identify the correct components or am I looking at the wrong wires? I didn't want to tear apart my dash just yet and really look up there (since I really don't know how and I probably wouldn't be able to put things back together).

the big ecu is behind the glove box...i mean the ecu that u guys are looking for....

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

toc8g
    I have pulled my ecu out atleast two to three times but I have a I-4. The ecu is about Bible size,..just a little flatter.

cdaw2001ES
    On my car the ecu is behind the Vent Fan/heater core/A/C condensor "box" which is inturn behind the glove box. It has a row of connectors, I think there are 4 of them. It's hard to mistake it.