The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: open loop idle

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

open loop idle

Hey guys i finally found out my little lean idle issue and take off issues. It seems my evo ecu is flipping into open loop on idle and changing to closed loop when im cruising... So i start the car it warms up in open loop and constantly switches between open and closed but the majority of the time its in open loop.. I put my car in gear and i get a decent amount of hesitation during initial take off and my car runs super rich like 12s untill i hit 1500 rpm and the car seems to accelerate normally.. ***I notice my cruise is also dropping to open loop and only acceleration and some cruising is closed loop.. MY lc1 is my wideband and narrow band simulator and ive never had a problem with it so far for a year.. IT seems to be accurate and the lc1 narrowband output bounces fine at closed loop but i cannot figure out why the car is entering open loop at idle.. All the sensors are reading correctly.... Coolant temp, tps, crank, cam, airflow meter and everything else i can think of is showing up in the logs fine... Wot is pretty well dialed in at high 10s and low 11s but idle is screwed up... I have the injectors scaled as of today at 424 and latency is pretty high
    4g64DeT 1st evo ecu powered automatic (5 speed now baby)
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

Did you notice that if it worked closer to 14.7 when you reset the ECU?

Mine functions really well after a flash or ECU reset, but then the learned settings want to throw the AFR into the 12's and even 10's while crusing. I tried to get the "bug" out with the AFC, but then run into lean conditions at low RPM's when I get on it, because of the "corrections".

I'm greatfull for all of the work your doing on the ECU issues, It kind-of got put on the back burner since I took the Executive Chef position. This summer I plan on swapping in something and we can get some sort of speed density software for out factory ECUs. Make all this tuning boost in crap WAY easier.

Ever look into the Speed Sensity systems?

Hey

LONG TIME NO TALKY....

i got my problems resolved by using a different rom.. Everything i tried gave me the same result..I tried several stock roms and same prob so i tried a different id and now its perfect.. Me and another eclipse 3g buddy that lives with me have both done the swap although i was the first that i know of. He helped me find the open loop problem and the next day we solved it.. The car works perfect.. installed an evo 8 ecu, knock sensor and lot of logging.. 6 counts of knock on wot.. i attached a log u can check out.. this is the best one i got i had to slow up though but its a sample -- ill be making more runs and tuning as i go.. as u probably know evo scan has maptracer now its great.... Ne ways its not hard to wire the ecu but its exhausting to solder like 60 to 75 wires i believe.. The afr low 11s but im still working on some trims.. its still pulling fuel so == right now i still got work cut out for me but its so much better than the emanage.. i got a new email [email protected] if u wanna chat it up.. ne ways u can use an evo 9 map sensor and evo ecu to convert to speed density. There is a tutorial or two about it.. I will not because the setup works fine.. plus its easier to tell if u have a boost leak i think without it.. haa -- Side not the timing is aggresive on my ecu but the knock sensor is handy and yanks back a few degrees when needed -- the joy of a knock sensor.. ill keep the site posted --
    Attached Files Attached Files
    BIG 16G Boosted|custom dp|megan racing catback|Deleted Cat|stock dsm manifold|450cc Blues|190lph walbro|evo fuel rail + fpr|greddy type rs bov|evo uicp|Gen FMIC|Custom LICP|Evo cf hood|cf trunk|cyber body kit|motegi dp6 gunmetal 18"|AGXs|Tein S techs|14 psi |5 yrs boosted

I've turned into a corporate tool, but making sweet, sweet bank!

I will most cirtanly be doing the speed density and was sold on it when Freon on Open ECU frist posted it last winter. U Da F%&ken MAN John!

I am using the Eclipse knock sensor and Turbo XS Knock light for knock feedback. From their I tweak with ITC/AFC. I think their based on the same values when I get the EVO ECU.

I posted a vid in the graveyard section and have at least one good pull on their with the slushbox tranny.

I'll hit you up on the PM - I"M HITTING FLORIDA IN DECEMBER!!!

yo

hey mtcavity take a look at my logs -- i had some nasty knock sometimes 9 counts but i played with some timing to make it more safe and im down to like 1 count on wot.. Im using evoscan 2.2 with map tracer its awesome man.. I basically lowered all the upper cells since the evo wants to run some higher timing too fast..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great Job!

Everything on the second data-log was copasetic in change after the first WOT run. The only thing I would say is “near” being out of range is the injector pulse-width/injector duty. I am unsure what you selected for injector size, but if they were stock WRX, DSM or EVO injectors, there could be a chance that they are “topped out”. Regardless of my thoughts, you have a pull and control over your engine that I wish to attain, and it’s not going to happen with a stock G ECU (which is a note to myself). Outstanding works for having no dyno, the numbers are right where they should be. Not to mention the weather in Florida is way hotter than PA, I sure would expect a few counts of knock at WOT. Are the maps changing up in response to knock count?

I am running 450cc/min high impedance and will need 650’s to pull a safe WOT run @ 10-12psi. It would make me feel a lot safer if I could keep a buffer of ONLY utilizing 80% injector duty cycle. I personally feel that 450cc/min injectors are only good for 3-7psi based on intake and exhaust design, a far cry from the 10psi I want.

Very nice job on the R/D you are doing with the ECU swap, it takes a nice size set of balls to do the work you are doing. It looks like it worked out very well…

Let me know your thoughts or a summery on the ECU subject (what’s next, ideas, and FYI notes [more like FMI - for my information])…

Yo! Did you hock off that E-Manage or are you holding on to it?

haha yea to cut my stock harness to hell i must be the dumbest person with a galant.. AS for the timing- yep if i get ne thing around 6 or more it yanks a lot of timing.. 3 counts it will not advance the timing untill its lower knock then it will rise again.. I luv it -- on the stock map it would yank a lot of timing and u can feel a difference.. Now that i backed the timing im gonna take off the ground one day.. ITs actually not a hard install.. i already helped a friend with a 3g auto here and it works fine.. Those logs were at 16psi by they way so i would say the injectors are getting high duties.. i have to install my external gate setup i bought to lower the boost.. im running 450ccs dsm blue tops.. they have been very good to me..

as for the emanage - i am getting rid of it..i was gonna put it on my mx3 daily but i am not gonna boost it ne time soon so im selling it.. dont need the emanage when i have a 75 dollar standalone haha.. gotta love boost..

what timing are u logging on runs??

**8 sry i missread ur text-- in response to knock the ecu has an octane level that starts at 100.. when u get a few counts of knock it will lower the number depending on how much knock.. i was getting knock on wot and it lowered to 98 but i fixed it and its at 100 again.. the lower it goes the more it delves into the lower octane map i believe.. it sorta interpolates the two maps depending on how much octane it senses... i hope im explaining my findings right.. ha
    Last edited by Johnathansgalant; 04-17-2008 at 11:24 PM

Well considering the amount of boost to the rev, ignition advance, duty cycle and knock amounts, you’re on to something very sweet! I hope you can get waste-gate control working, it really helps out with controlling knock and other load based driving variables (like going up hills, or loading the car with some chubby women. I’ve been known to “hog it” when drunk). I am working on a thesis on the topic of MAF that I feel safer to write about with your feedback. It’s about MAF functions although there is always more to it than just “that”. I’ll post it soon.