The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 225/50/16s on a 7g?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

225/50/16s on a 7g?

okay, i've searched enough and came up with nothing. i want to put some 225s on 16"x7.5" rims, and from what i understand it should fit well in terms of not having too much roll, but now i need to know what i can fit without rubbing.

i will go with either 225/50/16 or 225/45/16, and i would really prefer the bigger tires if they will fit without rubbing. the suspension will be agx+pro-kit all around. does anyone have this sized combo, or something of a similar size and can assure me i won't have to worry about rubbing? remember, this is on a 7g. (diameter=24.9", circumf=78.1")

and yes, i know that the bigger tire will throw my speed reading off further, and no, i don't care, i would prefer not only the extra cushioning, but more importantly, the "taller gearing"

Experienced TGC Member
    Well my 8G used to ride on 205/55 which would make the height of the sidewall = 112.75mm. With 225/50 its only 112.5. So I don't see how you would have a problem vertically speaking. Also I believe you 7G guys have more room to work with than us 8Gers.

As far as width, my wheels are 18x7.5, and their wrapped in 225/45, and there great.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    well, with my 17x7s on my pro kit, there's just enough room to be comfortable. the rear tires are about 3/4" from the suspension rod that holds the rear hub assembly. it won't ever hit that rod, cause it moves with the wheel, but anything bigger than 17x7 i think would rub even in the back. as for the fronts, i cut it really close when the wheels are turned all the way, i'm about 1" from rubbing. i'm running 215/40/17 tires.

but since you're going 16x7.5, i think you'll be able to make it with 45 tires because you've lowered the wheels diameter. i dont need to explain this to you, you know what i'm getting at

how those guys run 18s on 7Gs and drop it i have no idea. i guess they have to rub.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd