The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Installing Suspension (+ service manual diagrams)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinity
    If you're seriously worried about a little scrape.. maybe you shouldn't do it. It's just the bolts on top of the rear assembly.
    lol you don't how much i got hurt when i was modding my last car, i'm not afraid from a lil scrape he just made it seem like it's something serious and i just wanted to find out
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

did anyone have trouble with removing either the right or left front stabilizer links?

I coulnd't get it unbolted on the drivers side and ended up striping the inner part of the srew...

this is for just replacing.. the coil springs.. what if i am also replacing the shock struts with kyb agx.. i dont need a spring compressor right?? i just put the new coil spring on the kyb agx shock struts and throw them on?? or do i need to open the old one and get out some materials to use with the new one??
    I love bikes n babes!

you need spring compressors no matter what.
    you need to get out the rubber pieces off your old suspension unless you buy new ones.

how much is a spring compressor
    im lowering the G in the next week or 2 and my brother in law who is helping me is wary about the spring compressors sold at auto part stores

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I believe I bought my spring compressor tool for like $25 several years ago.

The one I have is pretty simple in design but does the job pretty well. The one I have is a clamp with a screw rod to compress and decompress the spring. I have done several dozen spring installations with the tool and works perfect each time.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

its free at autozone. you pay a deposit fee which you get back when you return it.

ahh. i remember this tutorial. With this turtorial, I started on the long road of modding my car.

yeah I knew autozone lent it out

The two massive bolts holding the front shock on take 240 ft/lb of torque, that's their stock tightness, but my torsion bar goes up to 150... can I just max it out and then just give it another good push, basically tighten it as much as I can?

And where do I need to cut the bump stops? (if at all)
    Last edited by HungarianHunter; 04-08-2009 at 11:56 PM

also, will blue locktite help or hurt?

as in, does locktite plus a lot of pushing equal 240 ft-lbs?

Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    no stick with muscle...

03silver8g
    Quote Originally Posted by JDMspec View Post
    did anyone have trouble with removing either the right or left front stabilizer links?

I coulnd't get it unbolted on the drivers side and ended up striping the inner part of the srew...
    i had the same problem.. what should i do?

nice

Good write up even tho some of the pictures are old and not available.
    Funny as hell you took apart with rope haha, good way to warn some people what not to do at least.
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12