The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Homedepot ($5) Camber Kit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 74 of 74
    You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camber_angle

first sentence gives a nice, brief definition

03silver8g
    i just need those bolts and washers and replace the stock bolts and put washers in?? is that how easy it is?

I know the stock specs are a little negative on rear camber, I am debating on how much I want to correct. Both of my rears are -2.3 degrees off. How far did you guys adjust. I think I want to bring the rears to -1.1 but anything beyond that is just too much stress on the components in my opinion. 6 washers with the 10.9 bolts is what I am proposing. Anyone done this or above this without any issues?

Also besides the rear camber issues can all the other issues out of spec be adjusted with a normal alignment?
    Last edited by 03-Galant-ES; 09-07-2010 at 02:05 AM

as long as your adjustment isn't maxed out you should be fine.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

after reading this thread no one did actually mention on what specific washer to use except mentioning flat washer. Does that mean any flat washer will work?

Also, any input on what is a normal alignment range? numbers will help

sorry for the old thread revival, im getting my drop this summer. open for any suggestions/opinions.

thanks
    ron

-RON

flat washer of the same size/specified size for the bolt. Also just an FYI, when I installed mine, it was pretty hard to keep the washers lined up while inserting the bolt to get it threaded into the chassis. I ended up just gluing 5 washers together.. though of course this makes them not "adjustable". I guess you could just buy more washers lol. Or wrap the outer diameters in tape so it'll hold temporarily while you insert the bolt.

Hate to bring this back from the dead but I'm needing a little help when it comes to the kit. If I order what's posted for $12, I still need washers. Anyone currently running this setup and if so PM me plz

What is your question?

I'm trying to run the same setup, if needed. I plan on lowering the rear an inch and a half and front 2. Trying to find out what's held up for people doing this.

I still don't understand your question? What exactly do you need to know? I used the "Home Depot Kit" when I was lowered on KYB AGX + Progress Springs, which I think is around the same drop as you're shooting for. I also still run the same setup with my coilovers now, and sit much lower. I used the same amount of washers and the rear camber is still within stock spec. Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    I still don't understand your question? What exactly do you need to know? I used the "Home Depot Kit" when I was lowered on KYB AGX + Progress Springs, which I think is around the same drop as you're shooting for. I also still run the same setup with my coilovers now, and sit much lower. I used the same amount of washers and the rear camber is still within stock spec. Hope that helps.
    I'm just looking to see how it's held up for people over time, and what grade of bolts or washers did you use? Can they be found literally at Home Depot? I

Yeah man grade 10 bolts in metric can be found anywhere. Just get stainless if your worried rust or have them coated in the zinc mixture to match oem bolts. Or get oem bolts and washers that are longer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I used grade 10.9 bolts. Home Depot typically had a max grade of 8.8, so I wouldn't go there. I have had good luck with smaller mom-and-pop hardware shops, they tend to have a better selection of hardware.

I would also stay away from stainless hardware. Stainless steel bolts are considerably weaker than grade 10.9 bolts.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234