The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Homedepot ($5) Camber Kit

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 74
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kalamidad)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrjaydeeone)</div><div class='quotemain'>

so then I gotta get myself an alignment first.?</div>

It is recommended. I just happened to eye it and followed my gut. i was initially going to do 5 washers but changed to 4 when i started because i was afraid 5 would be too much.</div>

ah I see I see
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

No, not the Parada II; I got rid of those years ago. Hated them, plus they wore out really quick.

I'm talking about these:
    Yokohama

Wanli S-1099

Wanli Tires was actually sued by Yokohama for biting. Since being sued, they replaced the S-1099's with S-1088's

These are great tires for $90. Who care's that they are Wanli? For road tires, they can't be beat, not even by Kuhmo.

My bad. I didn't realize this was in the tutorial section.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    im gonna have to get a camber kit after this drive back to NY, my tires are worn bad on the back.. is it holding up for everyone?

i just had my alignment done after tein stechs. and the guy at big o set the rear between -1.5 and -.8 because he said thats what the factory specs are supposed to be. also he said that even tho i lowered it, the factory setting still apply. not sure how that works, doesnt make sense to me but he said that they warrantee the alignment so if he was wrong and it fucks my tires, at least its their buck to fix it. anybody know if the guy knew what he was talking about?

picked up everything this morning to have this done with an alignment on Tuesday. 5 bucks my butt cost like 50 bucks for everything to do 2 cars. Cost more than 15 bucks just for the bolts needed
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

TGC Regular
    well i did a camber adjustment with the ingalls camber kit...and now i beleive i put too many washers cause the outside of my tires are scrapping....or maybe my rear sstruts are gone (stock) cause everytime i hit a bump a loud thud is heard in the back

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lnkn52
    well i did a camber adjustment with the ingalls camber kit...and now i beleive i put too many washers cause the outside of my tires are scrapping....or maybe my rear sstruts are gone (stock) cause everytime i hit a bump a loud thud is heard in the back
    are you on stock struts?

Guys, I have not been able to find the bolts at Hoee Depot. Does anyone have reference numbers for the bolts@ HD?

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Quote Originally Posted by lnkn52
    are you on stock struts?
    yeah i am...thats why i think my problem is that they are blown...im saving up to buy some kybs

Since i couldnt find the bolts that I needed. I decided to take a trip to Fastenal. 12 bucks for everything and 2 hours or so of my time.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    www.clipdandfasteners.com 12.93 shipped to me.

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    dang I payed alot more for the bolts and had to drive to two separate Do-It-Centers haha

Hey guys, bumping an old thread, I'm gonna be doing this soon because I want to experiment with how much camber each added washer gives/takes away, what size bolts are you using exactly?
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure I used 40mm long M10x1.25

You are here entirely tooo much!! Jeffylou87's Avatar
    Yup? The same bolts in the picture I posted..

This thread is pretty old but sience I recently droped her I was wondering do you guys think there is a max number of washers I shouldn't pass. I took her yesterday for an alignment and told the guy this method of fixing the camber and he told me he doesn't recomend it cause I could break the arm. Then he said he would do it for 120 bucks. What a dick... Has anyone had any issues wit this? I'm probably going to do it this weekend

Just read this from top to bottom and found everything I need. Hell! Even a link to a parts place that will ship exactly what one would need to get it done, Thanks!
    Im putting on some new KYB GR2 and springs for ~1.7" drop (drop isn't my primary goal, OEM performance and replacing old parts is my goal). Ill report what the shop says my camber is after the fact and more if I do the $12.95 camber kit .... shipped!

Sphinx

03silver8g
    guys i dont get what camber is and everything. i am on stock struts and i am going to install some meagan 2 inch drop springs soon. I know i will need an alignment but wouldnt that make everything good camber wise??? i am wanting to do my drop this week. help me out. thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast