The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM headlights

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 70 of 70
    Quote Originally Posted by DTRIXNY View Post
    How about the stuck bumper on 8g gtz after lights and grill are install? body shop is asking me to coming so i can make a decision cause they said they have to cut it and i will see it. what did ya do for the bumper so it can fit right?
    huh? the stock bumper should fit like a stock bumper, i don't understand the problem. the only thing i can see interfering are the long mounting tabs on the bottom inside front corners of the JDM headlights themselves; those can be trimmed off if needed and some of the bumper cover can be trimmed off to allow the gap between headlights and bumper to be made smaller.

shown in this pic:

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    huh? the stock bumper should fit like a stock bumper, i don't understand the problem. the only thing i can see interfering are the long mounting tabs on the bottom inside front corners of the JDM headlights themselves; those can be trimmed off if needed and some of the bumper cover can be trimmed off to allow the gap between headlights and bumper to be made smaller.

shown in this pic:

Yeah that what it was needed some trimming and they panic cause they are not a custom bodyshop...They worked it out without me getting there I hope they did it good, cause bumpers are getting painted now

glad it worked out.

Anyone looking for JDM headlights, I'll be selling mine on Ebay is the next few days. I'll post the like when I do.

For the life of me, I can't seem to comprehend the diode trick. I am running H.I.D so it shouldn't burn up. I feel the Diodes will look cleaner. Do the diodes go after the stock wiring and before the ballast? What happens to the other end of the low beam wire and the and where do you wire the high beam ballast from if you use the high beam wire on one side of the diode and the low beam on the other?
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

The diodes go in between. So you wanna run high AND low beams at the same time when you flip your highs, and lows only. So the anode you splice into the high power wire, and the cathode you splice into
    Low power wire. What you have done right there is when you turn your highs on, both low and highs get powered. Now you want just lows. So you get your power wire for the low, and solder it to the same diode, cathode side, again.

Current flows with the arrow on diodes, so when you turn your lows on, power CANNOT turn on the highs. One way valve for electricity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    The diodes go in between. So you wanna run high AND low beams at the same time when you flip your highs, and then lows only. So the anode you splice into the high power wire, and the cathode you splice into
    Low power wire. What you have done right there is when you turn your highs on, both low and highs get powered. Now you want just lows. So you get your power wire for the low, and solder it to the same diode, cathode side, again.

Current flows with the arrow on diodes, so when you turn your lows on, power CANNOT turn on the highs. One way valve for electricity.

I understand how it works I can't comprehend how to wire it haha.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

So the anode you splice into the high power wire, and the cathode you splice into low power wire. What you have done right there is when you turn your highs on, both low and highs get powered.
    Now you want just lows. So you get your power wire for the low, and solder it to the same diode, cathode side, again.

Make sense?

Lets simplify this fellas. If 8Ga, do this:

(Jigz I hope you still have this fusebox)

Don't mind the wire under it, its for my fog trick.

Place diode this way, Viola! Lows remain with Highs. Will benefit JDM heads and the plug and play aftermarket projector lights if you are 8Ga (99-01)

And yeah, I went to go throw this together just now for pics sake. Recommended to solder, heat shrink and tuck down this connection I just threw this together for an example.
    Last edited by oakrdrs187; 02-16-2015 at 01:59 AM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234