The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: JDM headlights

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 70
    Experienced TGC Member 02redgalant's Avatar
    nah just by the radiator....an end piece of the headlight is suppose to slide in to the fender/frame tho

Quote Originally Posted by 02redgalant View Post
    nah just by the radiator....an end piece of the headlight is suppose to slide in to the fender/frame tho
    okay awesome. Thanks man! I just didn't want to cut any of my painted engine bay if I didn't have to lol.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Did any of you ever replace that tiny bulb that's in the low beam housing? I wanted to find out how to remove it and install another bulb. If not, I'll post my finds lol.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Did any of you ever replace that tiny bulb that's in the low beam housing? I wanted to find out how to remove it and install another bulb. If not, I'll post my finds lol.
    Yes alot of members have. Theyre known as City Lights, bulb size= (BA9S / 1891). LED look the best from what I understand...
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    Yes alot of members have. Theyre known as City Lights, bulb size= (BA9S / 1891). LED look the best from what I understand...
    That's exactly what I needed, Damn you guys are good. Thanks! LED's are what I need to order.

I wired mine to the blinker, thought it would look cool blinking with white leds.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

does anybody have DETAILED CLEAR pics of what im supposed to cut lol maybe im just mentally challeged but yeah i cant get my headlights to sit right at all if the car was on the road i would b upset lol

I had to bend the edge of my radiator on the passenger side, if that helps any (Just the very edges).

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

That's exactly what I needed, Damn you guys are good. Thanks! LED's are what I need to order.

I wired mine to the blinker, thought it would look cool blinking with white leds.
    LOL! No prob. I would be careful about wiring it up to your blinkers though. Police can give you a ticket for impersonating a police vehicle with those.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    LOL! No prob. I would be careful about wiring it up to your blinkers though. Police can give you a ticket for impersonating a police vehicle with those.
    I'll just be like " no you guys are impersonating me! " lol, I might pick an amber color then.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

i'll just be like " no you guys are impersonating me! " lol, i might pick an amber color then.
    lol!
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Just some quick notes on fitment with the radiator. 1. Don't bend it, take the time and cut it, it will be much cleaner. 2. I don't know about the other Evolution radiators, but my EVO V rad clears my jdm heads perfectly. Just something to keep in mind for those that are upgrading.

PS: Keith, it's great to see you back together.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Just some quick notes on fitment with the radiator. 1. Don't bend it, take the time and cut it, it will be much cleaner. 2. I don't know about the other Evolution radiators, but my EVO V rad clears my jdm heads perfectly. Just something to keep in mind for those that are upgrading.

PS: Keith, it's great to see you back together.
    Thanks bro, I'll be looking for an evo V radiator or an aftermarket one that fits that evo. Thanks for the tip!

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

How can i make my fogs to stay on while high beam is also on?? I did the diode trick.

Diode trick from the high to the fog rather than lows

Lol diode trick just burned tonight, i guess ill need to buy that relay instead. Te thing is since i have hids on lows and i have a relay to feed battery power to them i just need 1 relay or diode wich made me think thats why it burned it was usig the same diode to run both sides highs.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post
    Lol diode trick just burned tonight, i guess ill need to buy that relay instead. Te thing is since i have hids on lows and i have a relay to feed battery power to them i just need 1 relay or diode wich made me think thats why it burned it was usig the same diode to run both sides highs.
    wait what did u do? since u have a relay harness for the low beams, just run a relay from one of the highs to the input wire of the low beam relay harness.

Diode shouldn't have burned if you connected it to the relays signal wire.

i have a burnt up h1 jdm light. I wanted to know will the usdm one connector work on my dual connectors. Or do i need to go shopping overseas for a bulb. Please help i wanted to do the jdm lights on my galant but no working h1 bulbs.

H1 bulbs are readily available in the US. they only have one connector though so the usdm H4 plug will not fit directly (not to mention you will have now have seperate low and high bulbs) so u either need the jdm adapters or you can wire a female spade connector to the high beam positive to connect to the bulb, then tap into and run the ground wire from the H4 plug (negative) to the screw that holds the clip that secures the H1 bulb to the housing (which will send ground to the bulb). mine used to be wired that way until i went full HID H7 and HID H1 (w/ HID u wire the stock wires to the ballasts (i recommend a relay harness instead of direct wiring for HID) and the bulb plugs into the ballast, so u don't need to connect the stock wires to the bulbs (which wouldn't be able to run the HID bulbs anyway).

How about the stuck bumper on 8g gtz after lights and grill are install? body shop is asking me to coming so i can make a decision cause they said they have to cut it and i will see it. what did ya do for the bumper so it can fit right?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast