The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Aftermarket foglights

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Aftermarket foglights

Does anyone out there know if you can hook aftermarket foglights into your foglight switch in the car already? Or do you HAVE to use the aftermarket on/off switch that comes with them?

Secondly if you can do that, does anyone know how you can turn your foglights on without turning on your regular lights.

(Like if you want to ride with just the foglights on)

TGC Regular
    This has been covered alot. Do a search and you should find what you are looking for. Thats how I have my foglights set up.

TGC Regular
    im gonna take a wild guess and say that if you get aftermarket fogs, then you just hook them up to the battery, and to an independent switch, and have them on whenever you want, the car wont even have to be on.

I understand hookin them into the battery. I was asking about hookin them into the switch thats already there for the factory foglights.

Quote Originally Posted by macknati
    I understand hookin them into the battery. I was asking about hookin them into the switch thats already there for the factory foglights.
    you obviously wont get the same voltage from the stock fog power supply than from the battery direct...so they might be dim/not work at all...also have to take into account the fuses

Yeah I didnt think about that. You're exactly right.

the stock fogs just like almost every other auto acessory, feeeds off 12v voltage. so voltage isn't the problem.

the problem is with the wattage. i believe the stock bulbs are a lil under 40 watts. so that means the stock wiring can handle a lil over 40 watts of power. anything higher and you risk frying the wiring.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ok when u replace the oem fog lights with after market ones.. could u still use ur oem switch or na.? never done wiring so have no clue

That makes alot of sense too. So basically wiring it through the battery, which is how I have it, is the safest and best way to go I suppose. I just thought it would be alot more convinent to just wire it through the existing fog light switch.

Quote Originally Posted by macknati
    That makes alot of sense too. So basically wiring it through the battery, which is how I have it, is the safest and best way to go I suppose. I just thought it would be alot more convinent to just wire it through the existing fog light switch.
    so cannot use the existing switch at all or what?.. what if we run the wirring from the battery and just connect to the oem switch?

are urs connected to the oem switch or?. cannot find where u have mentioned it so..

TGC Regular
    OEM switch just tap in

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekz185
    OEM switch just tap in
    i like ur yellow. thast what i wanna do.. so.. ok. thanks..