The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: will this turbo fit?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41
    1995 galant s

will this turbo fit?

hey guys...... will a t-25 turbo fit a 1995 galant s? Its the 4 cyl. 141 horse engine. If it does..... im a happy man, if not.... well... imma be very sad because i got a great deal on one. PLEASE let me know!

TurboGalant
    Garrett T25 fits fine on my car 1995 LS. A good deal? Where? I am looking to replace/rebuild mine.

Dark Anghell
    Yeah it should fit. If I'm not mistaken it comes from either the EVO or the eclipse. I don't remember which one.

TurboGalant
    eclipse

Dark Anghell
    hey did you turbo your engine or did you install the 4g63t? If you turbo'ed yours, did you install new head gasket? (something a little thicker). Is your car AT or MT?

Kain
    Given he said his car's an LS, I'd assume auto.

TurboGalant
    4G64T. I don't think we used a different gasket.

Levelten Automatic

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    a 25g turbo may fit, but you will blow your engine to hell unless you do some massive, MASSIVE bulletproofing. You will screw up your tranny big time to.

The largest tutbo you can run with stock insides would be a 14b turbo using the stock tranny. With a 4g63 it is a different story, you would be fine with a 16b. Even when running a 14b turbo you would have to keep the boost at an medium level to prevent the risk of blowing something

now were you guys talking supercharger or turbo? haha
    7g for life!

I am curios, if you have a 4g63t, and you upgrade the turbo to a t25 or so, would it be major work? Like would you blow the engine at a moderate boost, like say 8-10 psi? Plus um...what deal did that kid get on the turbo? how much?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kimya)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am curios, if you have a 4g63t, and you upgrade the turbo to a t25 or so, would it be major work? Like would you blow the engine at a moderate boost, like say 8-10 psi? Plus um...what deal did that kid get on the turbo? how much?</div>

t25 comes stock on 95-99 turboe'd eclipses. 14b comes stock on 89-94s. the t25 is not an upgrade, the 14b is bigger. it's practically impossible to blow a 4g63t using a t25, you can kill the turbo, but it'll never be able to push enough air to kill the engine stock. now if you use a t25 on a 4g64, that's a different story because the 4g64 has higher compression.

fstrthnu
    The t-25 is a piece of crap. You want at least a 14b. Best would be a 16g. That's what I decided to go w/ on my 4g64. I've been putting a turbo kit together and I've got almost everything I need to complete the install. The grand total so far is a little under $2000. And I haven't even started installing it yet...damn.

on the contrary, a t25 may be an excellent choice of turbo for turboing a 4g64 if you aren't lowering compression. it should be able to push more air than you'll be able to handle, and at the same time have ultra-quick spool up. from what i understand, people who turbo their 4g64s (and don't lower compression) don't run higher than 8-9psi, the t25 can more than handle that job and has no problems with spooling at the same time.

i just re-read it and i was mistaking the t-25 for the 25g haha 25g will blow your engine to pieces!

14B will yield a bit more high end performance VS a T-25...
    But will not spool as fast. (Course if you bring the T-28 into the picture... thats a different monster altogether.)
    7g for life!

TurboGalant
    My turbo spools real quick, gives good low end, then the galant itself has great high end. In the 1/4 mile, low end will be more helpful. It is not the most powerful, but it does a good job for not upgrading the internals of the engine.
    I have a ball bearing t25 on the way, can't wait to try it out.

Of course, having the quick spool is very helpful on a two lane road when you need to pass the SOB going 5 under in front of you....Know what I mean??

Dark Anghell
    Sooo...let me get this straight...T-25 is in fact larger than a 14b. Or is the 14b smaller?

fstrthnu
    The 14b and and the 16g are bigger than the t-25. In fact, Im pretty sure that the 14b and 16g use the same housings bc they can upgrade a 14b to a 16g. I understand why a t-25 would be useful bc it is small and thus its ability to spool up quick, but a 14b and 16g arent really going to be much farther back.The bigger turbos are going to give you more top end where a smaller turbo would die off. And what do you use mostly in the 1320, except for the first 60 ft. Your high in the rpms where you need the turbo to keep full boost.

Dark Anghell
    Ok...so how can I blow my motor by installing a t25? If it's smaller, then less air will go through, thus less boost...am I correct?

Anyone knows the price for a rebuild kit for a t25? Probably greddy would be a good one to go with...they make all of the mitsu turbos I believe. What do you think?

it takes less to kill a higher compression engine than it would to kill a lower compression engine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pavel)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok...so how can I blow my motor by installing a t25? If it's smaller, then less air will go through, thus less boost...am I correct?
    </div>

well you will most likely not blow a motor with a t25, but you definitely would with a 25g and chances are higher also with the 16g unless you have an upgraded tranny and some nice insides in your engine
    7g for life!

Dark Anghell
    I guess a 2nd. gen t25 stock turbo and manifold would work just fine huh...not that I'm going to turbo my car or anything like that, I would never do that...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast