The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6g72 5-spd manual Galant w/SDS (with pics to prove)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 71
    roni
    btt ^^

post #1 has been updated..
    and calm down everyone. there are plenty of questions that can be answered.

Experienced TGC Member

Roni I can't thank you and your boyfriend enough for the information.

6g72-5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by VegasMatt
    Hows the SDS doing under the boost, once I upgraded to stage 2 thats where the problems began...hence the removal of my SDS. How long the Stage 2 been in?
    I had the sds installed in Dec. sometime. Started out with stage 2 but it kept hitting about 14-15 psi wich is not safe for stock internals. So i went down to the stage 1 pulley kept the boost cooler and added the gts manifold. Now i'm at 8 psi. This new setup feels stronger than stage 2 with the auto tranny. I've had some problems with it also but Ripp has been great about working on anything that comes up. I'm fortunately am only about 45 minutes away from there.

6g72-5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by thebirdman13
    so my question is...does the car actually drive...have you tested the transmission yet? just curious
    Ask the guy in the 350z i raced the other day if it moves :twisted: .0-80 i had him by about 4 car lengths. Also the swap has been done for a little over a month so there has been plenty of road testing. This is also my daily driver. My round trip to and from work is about 70 miles every day.

6g72-5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMB
    The car is also bone stock outside, a real sleeper
    Even stock header back exhaust

6g72-5spd
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black

What about the number of splines on the axles? Are they exactly the same in both trannys?
    Never counted the splines to see if there are the same amount but it fit and it drives so i would assume they are the same.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 6g72-5spd
    Wow thats really great to hear. Now are you also using stock muffler?

edit: I understand its sorta a dumb question, though Ive never been a big fan of aftermarket exhausts.

6g72-5spd
    Yes. As far as i know its the original muffler. The car is a 2000 and I've had it for 2 years. I know i never changed it.

Experienced TGC Member
    Yes. As far as i know its the original muffler. The car is a 2000 and I've had it for 2 years. I know i never changed it.
    WOW, that is very big suprise for me. That's really good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    im just stating the obvious. if you dont like it fine, that's your opinion and i respect that, but i never crossed the line and insulted you. like hsinya said, if you dont know what else is needed SEARCH SEARCH SEARCH. you think i have a tutorial on doing the swap? please. Stewi's been a big help but it's not like he's giving me step by step instructions because either way i'm not doing it the same way he did. buy a manual for both cars and compare that's really all you need to do.
    Tell me, what should I search for? The differences between the auto and manual for a V6 for the swap that was just finished?
    Hsinya, JUST posted about the other swap over at the 3G forums, which I wasn’t even aware of (despite the numerous searches over at club3g and neweclipse in the past). And if your so keen on doing the swap, why don’t you be useful and at least try to answer my original question.

now you calling me a clown, now i take that personal, and i will talk to you about that in person at the next meet i attend. just because i havent attended any meets LATELY doesnt mean i wont. i've known some of these guys (djplay, sillyazianz, rod, etc..) for while personally and each one will tell you i always try to help them out w/e i can. i'll leave it at that...
    Granted your right I did insult you. I do apologize for that. Though don’t take this to mean that I’m afraid of meeting you in person. But if you still got beef with me calling you a clown online, we can discuss more about this in person on June 2nd. How’s that sound?

maybe you guys dont like people disagreeing with you?
    WRONG. I don't like people giving telling me that I shouldn’t gather as much information as possible.

edit: Well looks like my question was answered. How about we drop this drama bs now?

Roni I can't thank you and your boyfriend enough for the information.
    no harm done. i'm just rough sometimes when i speak.

hopefully my car will be finished by then (doubt it but we'll see) so i can finally go.

to add some kind of info, just make it simple and make sure you ask for the axles when you order the tranny makes things a whole lot easier.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanaticsâ„¢ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

roni

hopefully my car will be finished by then (doubt it but we'll see) so i can finally go.

to add some kind of info, just make it simple and make sure you ask for the axles when you order the tranny makes things a whole lot easier.
    :idea:
    Axles, I updated the description in post #1. Make sure you specify ABS or non-ABS, they are different, and not interchangeable.

Experienced TGC Member

Bro don't even worry about your car. Shit at the last meet I didn't even bother washing my car when I came (and this was MOD05). I think being able to get a few pics with your itself is enough satisfaction for many of the members.

Quote Originally Posted by roni

Axles, I updated the description in post #1. Make sure you specify ABS or non-ABS, they are different, and not interchangeable.
    Is there any specific reason you didn't go with a lightweight flywheel? This is basicly the last part of the desicion making process (so far I'm following your list, except I think im going to go for the ACT2100).
    This is great, I can barely drive stick, and Im going straight to a heavy duty clutch. Im going to be doing burn outs everytime i take off from a stop sign.

BTW You got a reallly nice Mazda speed.

roni

Bro don't even worry about your car. Shit at the last meet I didn't even bother washing my car when I came (and this was MOD05). I think being able to get a few pics with your itself is enough satisfaction for many of the members.

Is there any specific reason you didn't go with a lightweight flywheel? This is basicly the last part of the desicion making process (so far I'm following your list, except I think im going to go for the ACT2100).
    This is great, I can barely drive stick, and Im going straight to a heavy duty clutch. Im going to be doing burn outs everytime i take off from a stop sign.

BTW You got a reallly nice Mazda speed.
    they don't make an act 2100 for these cars. for the 4 cyl they do, but not the 6cyl

the lightened flywheel is a lot of money, and is not really necessary for any benefit. this car is not n/a, it is supercharged, so the benefit wasn't really there because,
    i was looking at it this way, either:
    -pay a little more then $1000 for the quaife, and stick with a stock flywheel,
    or
    -pay $400 for a fidanza flywheel and wait for them to make it and send it out, and still have an open diff with a supercharged manual galant.

the choice was easy to make.

thanks for the compliment but it's not really a mazda speed. just a nice handling mazda with speed added by yours truly..

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    ahem...ahem Roni???? im gettin no props at all................
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar

Re: 6g72 5-spd manual Galant w/SDS (with pics to prove)

Caution:
    The clutch safety switch is not easily transferrable AFAIK, so be very careful not to leave your car in gear and try to start it, because it can accidentally be started without the clutch depressed. I am looking into a way to fix this, but as of now, it has not been completed.
    Roni I went over that with you. You wire up the clutch safety switch so that when its not depressed it interupts the turn on lead for the starter. Just take the lead from the starter, use 16 ga. primary wire to the clutch switch, and then back to the starter. Personally I would wire it to like a toggle switch and put it somewhere discrete so you had to physically turn it on and off, because it would also act as an anti-theft device.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

roni

Re: 6g72 5-spd manual Galant w/SDS (with pics to prove)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(roni)</div><div class='quotemain'>Caution:
    The clutch safety switch is not easily transferrable AFAIK, so be very careful not to leave your car in gear and try to start it, because it can accidentally be started without the clutch depressed. Â*I am looking into a way to fix this, but as of now, it has not been completed.</div>

Roni I went over that with you. You wire up the clutch safety switch so that when its not depressed it interupts the turn on lead for the starter. Just take the lead from the starter, use 16 ga. primary wire to the clutch switch, and then back to the starter. Personally I would wire it to like a toggle switch and put it somewhere discrete so you had to physically turn it on and off, because it would also act as an anti-theft device.</div>

yep. that's why i said i was looking into it, just said that as far as i know it's not easily transferrable, but similar to the reverse lights, there is a way to make it work..

when we were working on this, i tried and could not physically get a clutch safety switch at the time with all the other parts i ordered. i plan to obtain one new from a dealership. thanks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(6g72-5spd)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrankMB)</div><div class='quotemain'> The car is also bone stock outside, a real sleeper</div>
    Even stock header back exhaust </div>
    That's odd, because in your pic, I see what look like headers. Definitely not the stock manifolds. Besides, from what RIPP says, the stock manifolds will cause too much heat with the SDS. So, do you mean that you have stock cat-back exhaust or did you remove the headers and put the stock manifolds back on?

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danger DANJ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(6g72-5spd)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FrankMB)</div><div class='quotemain'> The car is also bone stock outside, a real sleeper</div>
    Even stock header back exhaust </div>
    That's odd, because in your pic, I see what look like headers. Definitely not the stock manifolds. Besides, from what RIPP says, the stock manifolds will cause too much heat with the SDS. So, do you mean that you have stock cat-back exhaust or did you remove the headers and put the stock manifolds back on?</div>

I think both him and I are a little bit lost on the correct definitions of the terms. When iread his post I only thought everything past the header, while cat-back I think everything past the cat (not including the cat itself). :?

roni
    RIPP headers but everything behind that is bone stock exhaust.

roni
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewi
    ahem...ahem Roni???? im gettin no props at all................
    I wasn't mentioning names, didn't know who would want to be bothered with questions, etc.

Thank you for your advice along the way on this project Brian. Your guidance significantly influenced our confidence in attempting and finally completing this project. It took a few days to have it actually done, but took a lot longer to plan and piece together all the parts for this.

Feel free to chime in with any additional advice you may have to give to everyone.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast