The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ghetto Intake Mod

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 63
    Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NYmagicstk
    OMG You had to saw through all that shit by hand!? I feel for you. I wouldn't have done it if I didn't have that jigsaw. It must have been a bitch when you had to change direction cause of the screw brackets or when you came to a corner. Sheesh. Yo I wish I wore goggles, I think I still have plastic specs in my eye... I have something in there, shit.
    Ya man, and on top of that the saw I was using was made for wood and was real dull. Ya it sucked balls.

Dude wash your eyes out with water. It sucks to cut up your retina (so I hear ~ ive seen a few people do it).

NYmagicstk
    Yeah, I'll go do that, but it's not that bad right now, just feels like when you've had contacts in all day... :shock:

Experienced TGC Member
    Yeah, I'll go do that, but it's not that bad right now, just feels like when you've had contacts in all day... :shock:
    Ya I get what your saying.

NYmagicstk
    Do you find that with this mod, your filter gets dirty mad fast? or is it not much difference? And what kind of performance improvement can I expect?

Experienced TGC Member
    Do you find that with this mod, your filter gets dirty mad fast? or is it not much difference? And what kind of performance improvement can I expect?
    Suprisingly, it doesnt get all that dirty too quick. I mean I've ridden around with a filter for well over 10k miles before I changed it. Looks a little gray, but other than that wasnt too bad.

Gains, Im not sure. It might just be the fact that the car sounds WAY more mean (I mean it sounds INCREDABLE), but I really do think it has some gains.

Look at the stock intake. All the air has to be sucked through a tiny ass slit right under the hood. This is a vast improvement.

Hi guys......

I've tried this.....but....without cutting the lower part....saving it for further use just in case

it's not very esthetic but it works....
    And that's true...it sounds INCREDABLE....

Maybe i'll make it a little more esthetic ....and put a K&N factory replacement filter instead.

Thanks to the author....
    Sly
    I don't pop it open for strangers...my hood of course ;)

Well I did the flip box mod with my 4g64. It sounds pretty nice to. Heres a pic of it. It works fine. I had to make some clips to hold the fillter in because when I hit the gas pedal the box jumps up a bit. It does seem like it gets smushed underneath.

NYmagicstk
    When I tries it that way, it seemed like the filter was getting smooshed by the hood. The way mine is now, (With the bottom cut out) It seems better for me, it still has the support, but it gets more air, and still sounds great. Gotta get my exhaust put on... :twisted:

what is the point of part 2. is it jsut to a annoy by having non functioning cavitys taking up air that could be going into the car?
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lonestar22)</div><div class='quotemain'>what is the point of part 2. is it jsut to a annoy by having non functioning cavitys taking up air that could be going into the car?</div>

I believe it's supposed to be a resonator. It further dampens the intake sound. One thing I've noticed about my intake is that it makes a slight whistling sound, I don't know if the stock intakes make this same sound. But I'm guessing that the resonator probably kills it.

BTW I popped the resonator off and glued two flat plastic pieces from CD cases (back to back ||) inside the hole to plug it up. Don' think it made much of a differance.

i did this mod but i went about it a little differently. to avoid cutting the airbox i just remove the scoop looking thing and the lower piece below the airbox to leave two holes which sound really good but i think i have to watch out for water now.

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    why doesnt anybody want a fan under the hood?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krispy03)</div><div class='quotemain'>why doesnt anybody want a fan under the hood?</div>

the fan blows the air so hard that you stress the intake manifold.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

hmmmmm like those electric superchargers!

TGCChamp
    I did the Getto Intake.....I completly removed the bottom peice (7) then put like 5 zip ties together, rappin around the intake and the air filter (5,6) it works perfect and has no restrictions....I love the sound and it makes the car faster.....I'll post pics 2morrow.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    Quote Originally Posted by krispy03
    why doesnt anybody want a fan under the hood?
    the fan blows the air so hard that you stress the intake manifold.

HAHAAHAHAHAAHAHA

This mod is sooooo cheapass ghetto! At least buy a cone intake and MAS adapter!

BigJack
    JUST THOUGHT I'D LET EVERYBODY KNOW THAT CHEAP MODS LIKE THIS DO NOTHING FOR PERFORMANCE!!!! IT IS A SCAM TO TRY AND GET YOU TO BUY A $150 INTAKE KIT......

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BigJack)</div><div class='quotemain'>JUST THOUGHT I'D LET EVERYBODY KNOW THAT CHEAP MODS LIKE THIS DO NOTHING FOR PERFORMANCE!!!! IT IS A SCAM TO TRY AND GET YOU TO BUY A $150 INTAKE KIT...... </div>

this mod was first performed when there wasn't any intake kits for the galant in existance.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

of if you are truly cheap, you can just spend 20 bucks for an adapter and filter off of ebay

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BigJack)</div><div class='quotemain'>JUST THOUGHT I'D LET EVERYBODY KNOW THAT CHEAP MODS LIKE THIS DO NOTHING FOR PERFORMANCE!!!! IT IS A SCAM TO TRY AND GET YOU TO BUY A $150 INTAKE KIT...... </div>

...I don't believe I ever advertised anything. In fact I made this thread for people who DID NOT want to purchase intakes. Though I do believe I may have some idea what your saying. Cheap mods (sub 1 grand) rarely show any spectacular gains, and thus are overall a poor investment if you have any plans for real performance down the line.

The money spent on an intake could be better spent on suspension parts (springs/struts/bars).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast