The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ghetto Intake Mod

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 63
    Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE
    of if you are truly cheap, you can just spend 20 bucks for an adapter and filter off of ebay
    Come on, at least use K&N would ya?

But seriously intake is mainly for the sound. The power gain is insignificant. If a MAS adaptor and a cone filter can do the job, why not save yourself a hundred fifty bucks?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rhema83
    Quote Originally Posted by AVERAGE
    of if you are truly cheap, you can just spend 20 bucks for an adapter and filter off of ebay
    Come on, at least use K&N would ya?

But seriously intake is mainly for the sound. The power gain is insignificant. If a MAS adaptor and a cone filter can do the job, why not save yourself a hundred fifty bucks?
    cuz a MAS apater and cone filter costs like 15 bucks

you wont see much gains with that either
    RIP GALANT, GOOD MORNING BMW 330i

330i ZSP (E90) - S4 (B5) / hellaflush

Has n e one thought of a ram air type thing? my friend thought about it w. his camaro...... take some tun=bing of some sort and run it from the front bumper (hidden of course) and then running it to the filter....

bad ?

Good?

thoughts?
    http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=626038
    REALLY WORKS!!! costs about 5 bucks!!

you wont see much gains with ANYTHING that has to do with the air box, intake, ghetto mod, etc.

Turbo, supercharger or bust

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>

cuz a MAS apater and cone filter costs like 15 bucks</div>
    Your point being...?

I am advocating NOT spending $200 on something that won't do good to your car's performance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rhema83)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Serstylz2)</div><div class='quotemain'>

cuz a MAS apater and cone filter costs like 15 bucks</div>
    Your point being...?

I am advocating NOT spending $200 on something that won't do good to your car's performance.</div>

I misread your previous post, my bad

himmelhah......

Hi Guys.....

Just manage to fit a home made ColdAirIntake that really works for just 60$ CAN.:shock:

Using another OEM intake tubing from Mitsubishi Dealer.

Now it's breathing down cool air ....and performing better....yessir 8)

Just had to fit the two together using a ring of ABS tubing to prevent the inner tube from bending when tightening the hose clamp on it.That's it.

Good Luck!
    Sly
    I don't pop it open for strangers...my hood of course ;)

Experienced TGC Member
    :laughing: :laughing: Holy shit!

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    man all that power, you better watch your intake manifold!

WoW!

I have to admit that that would have been a good idea in 2000. With some sort of splash guard of course. Unfortunately or fortunately on ebay you can pick something way better looking for about the same price.

I like the way your thinking though. You have that fix it yourself attitude. Who knows You may just come up with something new. For real!
    8G 4 life!

Mods: CAI,Grounding wires, CCorners, Shaved, 3G STB. AGX/Teins, Addco bar, OZ F1 wheels And well maintained : )

Thks SLS You have the first almost positive and constructive opinion on my innovative thinking....lolll....

you're right I got that attitude.....and I don't trust those shitty junk they sell on Ebay, neither I don't trust that site period.

For all the others who complains:

Finally, that intake as the merit that I made it myself and that made me proud.

I just wanted to make others benefit period.I dont claim it's the invention of the century.

Take it or leave it , but don't shit on me.
    Sly
    I don't pop it open for strangers...my hood of course ;)

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Its Soooo much easier just to swiss chesses the bottom of the air box, thats what i did, and it sounds great and i have a little more pull on it, besides if you live in a colder climate like Michigan where we get a lot of snow, I don't think i would be comfortable cutting the bottom half of my intake off.

damn.... talk about an old post brought back to life...
    Mods:
    2 tone leather interior, touch screen navigation, 7inch headrest tv's, 17" Driftz Black and Polished rims, 215 50 17 Goodyear Eagle Nct5 tires Tein s lowering springs, kyb gr-2 struts, rearview mirror camera, diamond black paint custom front and lower grill, Chrome door pillars., and chrome door handles. Powder coated my wipper arms wet black, exhaust heat sheild and my valve cover. 2nd gen led taillights

I feel like reviving this once more since I am doing this with my dremel. I understand the only changed I get are sound and possibly throttle response but I like sound. I doubt I will see much of a gain from an Weapon R over this anyway. Zobgel did this and his car sounds so nice! My inspiration

can we have a sound clip of somebody who has done this, stock exhaust? im curious about the change.

~Gabe

When I feel like eating a banana, I like to go to the zoo, sucker punch a gorilla and try to run with a banana hanging out my bum. Then if I succeed, I enjoy my victory with said banana and a stroopwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by therev View Post
    can we have a sound clip of somebody who has done this, stock exhaust? im curious about the change.

~Gabe
    I'll make a sound clip of both one with the intake we installed last meet and one with this once my K&N comes

I cant do one with stock intake I already cut. Actually I lied I have a clip of my going 0-60 with stock intake so we can compare.

TURBO= in the making.......

Ill have the interior sound differences up once I put it on and Ill also put my camera on my stoop and cruise past my house so you can hear what my cone filter sounds like then what the ghetto mod sounds like

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast