The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fitment of CF trunk

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

fitment of CF trunk

anyone with aCF trunk how is the fit bad good, wanna know I am ordering mine in a few weeks.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

Dave@SE

Re: fitment of CF trunk

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(verywhite01)</div><div class='quotemain'>anyone with aCF trunk how is the fit bad good, wanna know I am ordering mine in a few weeks.</div>

I haven't seen it in person, but Censee emailed me pics of it when I was considering buying one. If he doesn't post here, you might want to try PM'ing him.

fitment is said to be pretty good, but the silver bar that goes across the trunk is not the same as factory. You cannot swap that part. You need to order it. Last I remember, its a euro spec piece. Costs 100-200 for it. You need to get it or it will look cheap. Thats why I never got one, too much hassle. But how strong is the CF? If you have a system, can you still bump, or will it rattle nasty (dynamatt it?) or eventually crack with a strong system? Locks for it, like the front hood pins, but with a lock/key system to prevent theft? hmm...
    Accident. Deemed Unfixable. Got a check for it.

GalantGuy96
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sillyasianz)</div><div class='quotemain'>fitment is said to be pretty good, but the silver bar that goes across the trunk is not the same as factory. You cannot swap that part. You need to order it. Last I remember, its a euro spec piece. Costs 100-200 for it. You need to get it or it will look cheap. Thats why I never got one, too much hassle. But how strong is the CF? If you have a system, can you still bump, or will it rattle nasty (dynamatt it?) or eventually crack with a strong system? Locks for it, like the front hood pins, but with a lock/key system to prevent theft? hmm...</div>
    if you have a system, why would you get cf anything? adding weight to take it off....
    if your just interested in the looks...a cf overlay would be best.

Censee
    fitment isnt great,,,out of like the 5 ive seen,,,in person,,,,the fitment is not good at all,,,,at least mostly because the ones ive seen have been on cars with kits,,,mine i can bring it more down to sit more flush but the bottom is already hitting the rear bumper part that sits right on the edge,,so it would chip the paint....it actually hits sometimes now,, so i cant bring it any lower,,,any lower.....and i just had cali extend the trim piece....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>fitment isnt great,,,out of like the 5 ive seen,,,in person,,,,the fitment is not good at all,,,,at least mostly because the ones ive seen have been on cars with kits,,,mine i can bring it more down to sit more flush but the bottom is already hitting the rear bumper part that sits right on the edge,,so it would chip the paint....it actually hits sometimes now,, so i cant bring it any lower,,,any lower.....and i just had cali extend the trim piece....

</div>

hey it did fit right. maybe you should pay me for it now huh?
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Censee
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cali)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Censee)</div><div class='quotemain'>fitment isnt great,,,out of like the 5 ive seen,,,in person,,,,the fitment is not good at all,,,,at least mostly because the ones ive seen have been on cars with kits,,,mine i can bring it more down to sit more flush but the bottom is already hitting the rear bumper part that sits right on the edge,,so it would chip the paint....it actually hits sometimes now,, so i cant bring it any lower,,,any lower.....and i just had cali extend the trim piece....

</div>

hey it did fit right. maybe you should pay me for it now huh? </div>

i still have about 6 more months bitch.....let me remind u of someone that went over 2 years owing me

ok thanks for the info guys i will still probably order it anyways but was just wondering. thanks again.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter