The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Intake in

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45
    You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar

Intake in

Installed my intake today. Just waiting for the ECU to reset itself. Here are some pics.

Experienced TGC Member
    very nice....

now are you going to remove the rest of it? lol
    -Chris

Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver22
    very nice....

Nope. I don't see why. Metal intakes tend to get hot under the hood so I am keeping it the way it is.

how much did the mas adapter cost ya?

looks nice, what kind of filter is that? i wanted to know if there is a difference at all from throwing on a filter like that or getting a CAI?? I know the tubes are different, but does it actually make a difference??

Lo§'s 99 GTZ

Quote Originally Posted by ChuloMxcn
    looks nice, what kind of filter is that? i wanted to know if there is a difference at all from throwing on a filter like that or getting a CAI?? I know the tubes are different, but does it actually make a difference??
    The filter is a REWorks. The only difference with this intake and a CAI is that the CAI is it looks better, and installation takes a bit longer. And oh yeah it does make a big difference. God I love that sound!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Z
    how much did the mas adapter cost ya?
    I paid $13 for shipping and everything.

Well after I installed the intake I took the car out and I shut off on me. I was like what the fuck. Well I came back and AIM SerStylez and he told me to disconnect the battery for about 1/2 hour, I did and now it runs like a dream.

actually the polished intake doesn't get that hot under the hood...but i must admit i found it odd for you to disconnect the battery when installing that...i just took the oem on off and installed the injen one, and it worked fine...i guess every G is different

Quote Originally Posted by BigMike
    actually the polished intake doesn't get that hot under the hood...but i must admit i found it odd for you to disconnect the battery when installing that...i just took the oem on off and installed the injen one, and it worked fine...i guess every G is different
    I guess every G is different. When I had my Jetta I did disconnect the battery so that the ECu can reset. But as soon as I was done with the installation I drove it and it was fine. And you know what they say "be safe and disconnect the battery" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    very nice....

Nope. I don't see why. Metal intakes tend to get hot under the hood so I am keeping it the way it is.
    well you can lose some weight if you remove the part of the intake that you aren't using. and if that isn't enough to convince you, you can get better air circulation with the bottom removed.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    very nice....

well you can lose some weight if you remove the part of the intake that you aren't using. and if that isn't enough to convince you, you can get better air circulation with the bottom removed.
    The thing is, without that mount their, the intake will sag down, and rub on something. It acts as a way to hold it up.

5 minutes and a 50 cent angle bracket from the hardware store could support the MAS just as easily as the lower intake

I was going to build a heat shield out of some metal in about a week so this setup is temporary.

This is how my shit looks:

I have some shit that I will mount as support to keep it from tilting downwards like that.

I've also ordered this:

I hate DIY ... so I order finished shit and throw it in there. Looks better also

Experienced TGC Member glantv699's Avatar
    Hey, I just bought a K & N filter with the adapter for the sensor...just wonderin if you could give me some basic info for when it comes and I install it...

Should i disconnect the harness from the sensor before i start removing everything past it (air box etc...)?

Did the ECU get messed up immediately once you tried to drive it?

I wonder if the increase in airflow will make my muffler sound even better ...Borla + K&N...that's a good combo

> TGCPA - SOUTHEAST
    > 2010 Evolution X SE #183 of 340 (1 of 54 in Octane Blue)
    > 1999 ES V6 (Sold 2/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by glantv699
    Should i disconnect the harness from the sensor before i start removing everything past it (air box etc...)?
    i would. the MAS is bolted onto the airbox cover. if you don't disconnect the harness, you have to unbolt the two pieces while still under the hood. if you disconnect it you can go wherever you feel comfortable and take things apart. the last thing you want to do is haev your socket or something slip and damage the honeycomb because u were trying to take things apart in some awkward position.

i also recommend that you disconnect the battery before starting installation.

the ecu will only get messed up if you messed up somewhere. meaning you forgot to unplug something during dissambly, or you forgot to do soemthing during assembly.

I wonder if the increase in airflow will make my muffler sound even better ...Borla + K&N...that's a good combo
    i don't know how loud your muffler is but my injen intake scream much louder than my muffler ever did on my car

i would. the MAS is bolted onto the airbox cover. if you don't disconnect the harness, you have to unbolt the two pieces while still under the hood. if you disconnect it you can go wherever you feel comfortable and take things apart. the last thing you want to do is haev your socket or something slip and damage the honeycomb because u were trying to take things apart in some awkward position.

i also recommend that you disconnect the battery before starting installation.

the ecu will only get messed up if you messed up somewhere. meaning you forgot to unplug something during dissambly, or you forgot to do soemthing during assembly.

i don't know how loud your muffler is but my injen intake scream much louder than my muffler ever did on my car
    Also when you install the intake make sure you leave off the battery cable(-) for about an hour and when you connect it let the car idle for about 10-15 minutes. And BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THE MAS SENSOR. Good luck on your install if you need any help PM me.

i don't know where all you guys are getting your ecu's but my ecu resets almost instantly. i disconnect the cable. flip the lil switch on my ratchet to make it tighten and then put it back on. ecu reset.

i don't know where all you guys are getting your ecu's but my ecu resets almost instantly. i disconnect the cable. flip the lil switch on my ratchet to make it tighten and then put it back on. ecu reset.
    Mine didn't. The car bogged, idle RPM fell and it kept shutting off. It got fixed when I did what did. You know the saying no 2 G's are the same.

theblackpearl
    i want that filter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast