The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: " System To RICH"

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
    TGC Regular

" System To RICH"

Ok , as usual the light "Check Engine Light" goes of.. System to rich , because of intake as usual.. , but my car smells funny when im putting the gas pedal down of course.. like it really is running really rich. IS this normal for a simple intake mod? stinks..
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    did you reset the ECU after you put in the intake?
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

did you fix your o2 sensor yet?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    02 fixed , when I did a scan on the computer it just said to rich..nothing about an o2.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Experienced TGC Member
    No its not normal.

Did you reset the ECU parameters (ie disconnecting the battery for a while)?

Im wondering if that is a bad reading. I mean shouldn't the engine be able to accomidate a rich condition fairly easily (atleast in a mostly stock car ~ ie no FI).

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    did you reset the ECU after you put in the intake?
    yes I reset the ECU , then it just came back on..
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Black
    No its not normal.

Did you reset the ECU parameters (ie disconnecting the battery for a while)?

Im wondering if that is a bad reading. I mean shouldn't the engine be able to accomidate a rich condition fairly easily (atleast in a mostly stock car ~ ie no FI).
    I dunno bro , this sounds like it might turn ugly if I dont figure out whats wrong.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

sounds like you blew another O2 sensor, what kind did you replace the last bad one with?? mitsubishi? did you have anybody install it?? dealer perhaps?? maybe if so they could look at it since they did it??? i would definately look into that.

[20:33] fenderi: did they screw up your wiper leds yet?
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i dont know man
    [20:33] lKoRTy: i wil see topmorrow
    [20:33] lKoRTy: lol
    [20:33] fenderi: hopefully they did the car a favor and chucked them
    [20:34] lKoRTy: screw you

what brand is the o2 gauge? really shitty o2 gauges weaken the o2 signal, so the ECU might be getting a flawed reading and is deciding to just keep things uber rich to be safe about it. i've heard horror stories about those generic o2 gauge on ebay.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

GalantGuy96
    what brand is the o2 gauge? really shitty o2 gauges weaken the o2 signal, so the ECU might be getting a flawed reading and is deciding to just keep things uber rich to be safe about it. i've heard horror stories about those generic o2 gauge on ebay.
    o2 gauge?.....you mean sensor right..?

Quote Originally Posted by GalantGuy96
    no, since the o2 gauges intercept the signal, the shitty cheapo ones weaken it considerably. too much impedence, so the ECU is getting a haggard signal. when i my s-afc2 hooked up to the o2 sensor, along with my seperate o2 gauge, my o2 reading was skewed by about 0.3volts

1994 Galant GS 5spd

does the stink smell like eggs? if it does you need to get your cats checked ASAP. you could ruin them w/ too much fuel (from running rich too long or too much) going through them and burining the ceramic and catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by GalantGuy96
    no, since the o2 gauges intercept the signal, the shitty cheapo ones weaken it considerably. too much impedence, so the ECU is getting a haggard signal. when i my s-afc2 hooked up to the o2 sensor, along with my seperate o2 gauge, my o2 reading was skewed by about 0.3volts
    where did u get o2 gauge from?? he said he found out it was running rich my running a scan tool.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I've had similar problems. I'm driving along and then the check engine light comes on and my car starts to sputter. I'm finally able to get home but black smoke is pouring out the tailpipe. I disconnect the battery and check the MAS and Intake. Everything looks okay. I reconnect the battery a few hours later and the problem still exists. I then leave it off for a day and it seems to be okay but later that day the problem came back. It was so bad that I burned a 1/2 tank of gas in only 12 miles. I kid you not. So I disconnectedthe battery again for a few hours but that didn't help. I then left it disconnected for a few days and that did the trick. I never replaced the O2 sensor no replace the fuel filter. I probably should but I haven't had any problems since. That was about a year and a half ago. Knock on wood.

TGC Regular
    peano: I bought the 02 sensor used from a vehicle iwth 29k miles on it

Reelax: it does smell like eggs

BGR: perhaps I should try that , I wanna see what reelax was talking about first about the cats..

I may have to do what BGR did and leave it disconnected for about 2 3 days..
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.