The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2g Struts on a 7g

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21
    You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar

2g Struts on a 7g

I know the springs are same(or close to) as 7g springs, but it has come to my attention(sabzi told me) that we cannot use 2g Eclipse struts. He said that he was told that the 2g struts do not have as much suspension travel as the 7g struts.

I looked part numbers up on the KYB site:

1994-98
    Galant - 2W/D
    GR2 - 341141 341142 AGX - 741018 741022

1995-99
    Eclipse 2 W/D - All
    GR2 - 341163 341165 AGX - 741042 741019

Well looks like the part numbers for the 8g and 3g are different as well but I know 8g guys run 3g struts. So does anybody have any 2g struts on their 7gs? If they arent compatible we can forget about runnign the Tein dampers or the JiCs :x
    7g for life!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i looked at some actual pictures of struts on ebay for the 2g

generic picture:

but these look wierd

your best bet is to go into a auto parts store or a racing store and ask to see an actual 2g strut. if they're nice you might get lucky if they have one in stock. the rear ones look like they'll fit for sure.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

2g struts from SBR

Front:

Rear:

Couldnt find any true pics of the Teins or JiCs. But the struts do look a lot different.
    7g for life!

im too lazy to copy and paste the pictures so just go here and scroll all the way down to the bottom

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Well the mounts should be the same(at least they look it), but still worried about the travel.
    7g for life!

i'm 99% sure the mounts would be the same. just i dont know about the overall height/travel of the strut. if you could somehow get the measurements of the strut full extended and collapsed, then you could compare.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

if you are mounting these on a lowered car, wouldn't a shorter stroke be better. any more than pro kit drop will ruin agx's sooner or later.
    doesn't the eclipse have the same suspension geometry?
    with a stiffer ride, less suspension travel wouldn't be a big difference would it?
    maybe its because the eclipses sit lower from the factory, thats why their struts have less travel.
    just throwing out some thoughts here about the issue.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

yeah, struts are designed for OEM replacement. when you drop your car even with a pro kit you're never going to see that strut extended more than 60% or so, unless you jack up your car, then it'll reach full extension. when i had AGXs on my coilovers (so stupid) the struts were almost completely compressed with the car sitting normally.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

illLant98es
    i herd the rears will fit but not the fronts as far as i know if anyone knows any different or another car that has the same part number for front struts that would help i've been looking into this for air suspension because i can not find a company that makes the air struts for a 7g , only 2g eclipses and 3g eclipse and 8 g galants

illLant98es
    i herd the rears will fit but not the fronts as far as i know if anyone knows any different or another car that has the same part number for front struts that would help i've been looking into this for air suspension because i can not find a company that makes the air struts for a 7g , only 2g eclipses and 3g eclipse and 8 g galants

hey, i told u the mounts are the same, the part numbers match. if anyone has access to a 2g, just measure the lengths, fully extended, fully compressed, and the shock body length.

oops, double post

illLant98es
    i just went to autozone the part numbers are different i wasnt able to see both of them cuz they only had them for the galant there

Im from Australia and i bought KYG AGX off from Ebay(US site) have them on since late december 2004, also bought a set of King springs on them.. have a look for yourself...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/331635/3

i don't care what anyone says, i love the galant hatch.
    and those wheels are sick
    what are they?
    engine bay looks clean too.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

illLant98es
    those are from a usdm eclpise and they bolted right in with no modifications ? just want to make sure im on the right page because i can get my set up from one place that makes it for the galant and then another place for the eclipse and it is alot cheaper for the eclipse ones and i think the company is better

what about from a 1g tsi? Because this dude i know is selling some agx's and the weel hubs i didnt know if they would fit.

holy bring it back from the past batman!!!!

it's real easy to PM someone and ask the question than to bring the thread up again almost 5 years later.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    mounts are the same but the struts themselves are different. Mad skinny compared to the galant struts.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

Its been said way too many times, and in all these times we've talked about the 2g shocks. No one has ever mentioned nothing about 1g struts, because its always been said about the difference between McPherson and Multi Link Suspension and which models have it. But one more time for you since you dont seem to understand:

Front:

McPherson:
    Mirage,6g Galant/VR4/, 8g Galant/US/, 9g Galant, 1g Eclipse, 3G Eclipse, 4g Eclipse, Evo 1-10, 1g and 2g Diamante, 1g and 2g 3000gt

Multi Link:
    7g Galant, 8g Galant/World, JDM/, 2g Eclipse

REAR

Interchangable or Similar: 1g Eclipse,6g Galant, Evos /4g Eclipse - 9g Galant: maybe but I havent looked into it/

Same: 2g Eclipse, 3G Eclipse, 7g Galant, 8g Galant, 2g Diamante
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast