The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2g turbo ecu swap

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

2g turbo ecu swap

anyone here has done this on their 7g(95)? anyone got the wiring diagram for it?

brandon
    Jip had a tutorial on his site but it's down.

I was actually hoping to find the tutorial myself.

Anyone happen to save it somewhere?

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    I have it printed out several times, I will try to scan it back. I havent talked to JiP in ages, im sure he still has his Galant

There is this but it doesnt look like there is everything there for us Galant guys(like swapping to coils).
    7g for life!

brandon
    Yeah I think I might have a printout stored away somewhere in my mess of a room. I have to check for it.

I PMed Jip to see if he has it saved, so we'll see if he responds. He definitely hasn't been on here in awhile.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yah he hasnt showed up on AIM in ages. I think Moosh told me he got a new job and is making some good money.

I might re-type JiPs tutorial and add/edit in my comments. Theres a few things on there that he left out. Like pin 70 on the galant ECU is the Volume air flow sensor, on a 2g, its pin 90.

The 2g swap isnt that hard. You have to swap over to the DSM injectors, resistor pack, coil pack, and power transistor. Im not sure how JiP got away with swapping over with his SOHC head though, Id figure that that would screw a few things up.
    7g for life!

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im not sure how JiP got away with swapping over with his SOHC head though, Id figure that that would screw a few things up.</div>

How so? I was planning on keeping the SOHC myself...

with the turbo ecu does this mean there is no need for a safc? or logger?

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95mitsu03)</div><div class='quotemain'>with the turbo ecu does this mean there is no need for a safc? or logger?</div>

You'd still want both, but yes, you could probably get away with neither if you had just the ECU.

ok i've been doing some reading and i tink i read somewhere that the ecu for manual and automatic is different. if this is true then do we need to have a manual transmission before we do a swap??
    05 - Scion tC
    95 - Mitsubishi Galant S
    K&N FPIK Intake ; KYB GR-2s ; Eibach Pro-Kit
    Currently in Project:
    DOHC (i jus need a few more parts)
    AT Built Tranny (just need axles)

there is going to be a different fuel map between the auto and manual, and the auto uses smaller injectors, but other than that, if you are still using the auto tranny, just get an auto eclipse ecu. and count on slightly more tuning to get your fuel trims right if you use 450's with an automatic ecu.
    but there is no problem between the two.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DOHCSTUNR)</div><div class='quotemain'>there is going to be a different fuel map between the auto and manual, and the auto uses smaller injectors, but other than that, if you are still using the auto tranny, just get an auto eclipse ecu. and count on slightly more tuning to get your fuel trims right if you use 450's with an automatic ecu.
    but there is no problem between the two.</div>

doing 5sp swap first before turbo. I am 90% done finding the parts for the 5speed. might not go turbo til next year :? . so what ever info I can get is going to be useful to me when I actually go turbo.

try to get a 95 eprom ecu
    they cost a little more
    but they are worth it as they can be socketed and rechipped.
    check out www.dsmchips.com
    or www.tmo.com
    or www.dsmlink.com
    make tuning so much easier and add a lot of sweet features.
    its a bargain

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

j686m
    i have done the ecu and DOHC swap on my old 7g and let me tell you it was the most PITA things i have ever done to a car. the head swap wasnt that hard but the wiring was a nightmare. but then again i used my old harness and just repinned the ecu and added a few wires. i would suggest getting the harness from the car the ecu came from. i was very unhappy with the results, i dont think it added thatmuch power and many problems arose because of it. i was much happier with the sohc with an SAFC and a BTM.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(j686m)</div><div class='quotemain'>i have done the ecu and DOHC swap on my old 7g and let me tell you it was the most PITA things i have ever done to a car. the head swap wasnt that hard but the wiring was a nightmare. but then again i used my old harness and just repinned the ecu and added a few wires. Â*i would suggest getting the harness from the car the ecu came from. Â*i was very unhappy with the results, i dont think it added thatmuch power and many problems arose because of it. Â*i was much happier with the sohc with an SAFC and a BTM.</div>

Tell me about it :x :x

I am in the process of going back over my wiring for the head swap. I did a crap job the first go around, now I'm actually taking the time to do it right. If I'm not happy with the results I'm going back to 1g's where I belong.

Joe
    You can keep your looks, I'll keep my speed