The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dyno results: relatively untuned 4G64

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22
    brandon

Dyno results: relatively untuned 4G64

So Sunday at Englishtown I intended to bracket race but thanks to the weather was only able to get one time trial in, but did however get a free trailer dyno session.

I wasn't in the car when it was on the trailer, so I don't know how much boost the car was at, but the numbers came out as follows:

157.8 @ 4900rpm
    172.2 @ 4700rpm

I definitely thought the numbers would be slightly higher, especially at the crank, but it's nice to know at least.

The strange thing on the printout was that there was a gap between 5100 and 5800 rpm.

For those that aren't aware, this is on a 14b, SMIC, 450cc injectors, 2.5" exhaust, relatively untuned.

Just thought I'd put it out there!

Mindless
    Nice torque #!

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    that's not too shabby for WHP.

now drop some forged pistons and turn the boost up.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

brandon
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>that's not too shabby for WHP.

now drop some forged pistons and turn the boost up.</div>

Hopefully by the end of the year.

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>that's not too shabby for WHP.

now drop some forged pistons and turn the boost up.</div>

Hopefully by the end of the year. </div>

are u auto...that would make a diff also...good numbers (especially torque)

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Considering your setup untuned and you are A/T...that is real good numbers. Compare it probably to the car N/A at around 110 hp/torque at the wheels...thats pretty good.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

TGC Regular
    Hey nice Brandon uhm..
    How much HP gain did you get , can you put that down for me?
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Re: Dyno results: relatively untuned 4G64

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>So Sunday at Englishtown I intended to bracket race but thanks to the weather was only able to get one time trial in, but did however get a free trailer dyno session.

I wasn't in the car when it was on the trailer, so I don't know how much boost the car was at, but the numbers came out as follows:

157.8 @ 4900rpm
    172.2 @ 4700rpm

I definitely thought the numbers would be slightly higher, especially at the crank, but it's nice to know at least.

The strange thing on the printout was that there was a gap between 5100 and 5800 rpm.

For those that aren't aware, this is on a 14b, SMIC, 450cc injectors, 2.5" exhaust, relatively untuned.

Just thought I'd put it out there!</div>

nice brandon, you still running rich? or did you fix that problem?

brandon
    Yep, car is still auto.

Not sure how much of a gain with the turbo on, never had the car dyno'ed before, but like Kevin mentioned, stock is probably around 110hp.

Still running rich, need to do some tuning or just bring it somewhere and get it dyno tuned.

I hadn't reinstalled my logger software until Friday, leaving myself no time to iron things out. Oh well.

TGC Regular
    Those are some decent numbers for the i4 auto/turbo setup.

Hm.. my first step will be 5spd swap in june.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

8G_GTZ
    mine is the 4G64 with intake, hfc, muffler and a tune up. i had 121 and 125. mine is auto as well. i'm excited to get this head and turbo on at some point in my life.

but hey, brandon, those are decent numbers for what you are describing.

Steve

numbers are just about where mine dyno'd at right before i got my car tuned i got 159.34whp @4800rpm and 187.01wtq @ 4200rpm all that at 5psi on a 14b

i plan to make much more with my new setup im just waiting on my appointment at the dyno on the 15th i cant wait to see what 12psi does on an 18g i will let you guys know asap
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

8ggalant
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>numbers are just about where mine dyno'd at right before i got my car tuned i got 159.34whp @4800rpm and 187.01wtq @ 4200rpm all that at 5psi on a 14b Â*

i plan to make much more with my new setup im just waiting on my appointment at the dyno on the 15th i cant wait to see what 12psi does on an 18g i will let you guys know asap</div>

NICE

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shogun7g)</div><div class='quotemain'>mine is the 4G64 with intake, hfc, muffler and a tune up. i had 121 and 125. mine is auto as well. i'm excited to get this head and turbo on at some point in my life.

Steve</div>

Depends on what type of dyno it was. Certain ones alledgedly result in a higher than actual reading.

brandon
    Yeah people tend to have mixed feelings about trailer dynos, but I'll take it for what it's worth.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Well those numbers seem about right for the times you ran. Stock auto 2gs run about the same 1/4 if not a bit slower and probably dyno around the 160-170hp range.

How much boost do you normally run? Stock boost in a 1g is 11-12psi and they are rated at 195hp(160-170whp). With your higher compression and .4L more displacement you should be about the same WHP as a 1g GST with just 6-8psi.

Anywho congrats! I hope to get dyno tuned on the 14th, I cant wait
    7g for life!

brandon
    I agree, they sound about right for me, but I did expect crank hp to be higher.

On my run I was up at 8-9psi the whole time... not sure what it was on the dyno, but I'd guess the same considering he only had to floor it.

Can't wait to see how things end up (as we all anxiously wait) for you Seth!

Mindless
    I wasn't doubting your numbers or steves numbers brandon. I just wanted to point out that some dynos read higher than actual whp. Mustang dynos, I think, have a bad rep for reading to high.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by shogun7g
    mine is the 4G64 with intake, hfc, muffler and a tune up. i had 121 and 125. mine is auto as well. i'm excited to get this head and turbo on at some point in my life.

Steve
    Steve what head?

Donovan.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    he thinks he's gonna put on a dohc head
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast