The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Catback no MUFFLER

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    TGC Regular

Catback no MUFFLER

Question, I saw here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33630 , megan racing developed a catback exhaust for us 4cyl. Its basically what I want but..a bit expensive soo I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get catback exhaust without a muffler?

donovan.
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

go find an exhaust shop in your area. they can make you a cat back exhaust. that or search through the classifieds til somone puts one up for sale cuz thats a product that isn't mass produced

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    I got up with mieneke , they said from the downpipe back , with no muffler no more then 150...
    I'm guessing thats labor included so perhaps I can ask them about just the bent piping and cupplers that I need.
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

some one has that megan exhaust and said it was nice. so.... i personnely have a custom piping with a jdm espilier japanese muffler.. so.. sound nice.. jus get some piping done and get ur self a nice muffler. mine was 170 installed.. so.. thats with the muffler.. i gave him

TGC Regular
    yeah I might go with that mieneke deal
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

Yeah I called mieneke today, and they said 150 without muffler, I also asked If I brought one in they would install it for the same price
    -01 LS V6 Mods: FOR SALE 8.6k 71k miles. Short Ram CAI, 2.5'' Custom Cat-back with OBX muffler, DEH3700Mp Pioneer Headunit w/12inch MTX subs. Daily driver For
    -99 3000gt VR-4 #184 of 287.

you can always get a muffler later save on initial cost.

ebay has cheapy mufflers for 50 bucks or so, the meagan ones are good, essentially all straight through mufflers are just resontators.

its worth a shot asking the shop how much more it would be for a resonator. i worked at a muffler shop for a month and found that they actually pay about 3 dollars for a resonator. you don't want cops getting on you for noise ordinance.

but i'd recomend a muffler as well as resonator if you don't want it to sound dirty.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

TGC Regular
    Personally as all of us "TGC'ers" , we hate ricers , So I want a nice sounding muffler not something that sounds like its about to die while creeping by at 20mph with a makeshift kit

I hear Apexi? , Magnaflow?
    But Im pursuaded to go and by one on ebay for like 15 dollars , which is some cheap no name... but will prbably be some gay sound
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.

U said it donovan, I want to go with a flowmaster...

I really really want to avoid that 4cyl tuner sound!

but since its a 6 I think itll be okay with whatever, but I still want a deeper tone!!
    -01 LS V6 Mods: FOR SALE 8.6k 71k miles. Short Ram CAI, 2.5'' Custom Cat-back with OBX muffler, DEH3700Mp Pioneer Headunit w/12inch MTX subs. Daily driver For
    -99 3000gt VR-4 #184 of 287.

theblackpearl
    okay my car has a custom 2.5 inch custom catback with a hfc.. and a magnaflow race series muffler...

i had a header on there that made it sound pretty ricey had a bad rasp..just took it off the other day installed the stock manifold.. my car sounds sooo nice now IMO
    there is no riceyness what so ever..just a nice low deep growl an it sounds extremely nice at high rpms...especially with the intake..id suggest that route personally if your going for a low deep tone not a high pitch dieing rabbit sound...

maybe ill figure out a way to get a soundclip

TGC Regular
    Heh dying rabbit , Well , it all comes down to not being a cheap S.O.B. and getting something that will not only last , but give you exactly what you want , so Magnaflow sounds like its the most pleasing , ...any other mufflers that'll give me that ?
    Donovan J.

I dont mind looking.