The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stupid Question - 8 Speakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    errika
    funny you say this..because my goodness my came out to be this big complaint....i finally did file a complaint ...because not only WAS i treated badly by the stupid SERVICE men in the mit dealership but they thought I didnt know what i was talking about ...i mean i've OWNED three generations of galants...I think i know a little about the damn car...but i did finally alot of research and yes its confirmed the 04 models...have only:

6 but the back two have the sub w/in so its considered two. So supposely I do have my 270 watts....even though I've already replaced two speakers for sounding shitty!!

Erika

PhatCat

Speakers

Where did you get this information from...And doesn't 8 speakers mean 8 speakers. I bet if people bitched hard enough they would have to change the literature on the Galant booklets.

I saw the service manual for the 9G and 8 speakers is a misprint. The service manual keeps referring to 7 speakers but only shows the 6. It never showed where the 7th speaker was.
    2004 Galant LS

PhatCat
    That is just down right stupid...okay folks, today or tomorrow i will go the mission to get some facts about this missing speaker. Since no one seems to know where it is...I will call this mission a quest.

just to let you guys know there's another speaker behind the glove box

PhatCat
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("invertedzero")</div><div class='quotemain'>just to let you guys know there's another speaker behind the glove box</div>

NO there isn't another speaker behing the glove box...that is just plain stupid..unless I for some reason I don't know how to read correctly. There might be an amp (according to some forums) but no speaker. Where the hell did you get that info...If I'm wrong then my bad, but please, do tell...

PhatCat
    Attention All 9G Galant Owners Who Have Questions About the mysterious "*8 Speakers":

I called into MITSU (Cypress, CA) and asked for the second, where the 8 speakers are located. I spoke to a lady there and it took about 30 minutes to get an answer back...The answer was:
    There are 2 speakers in the front and they hare coaxial, which is condsider as two speaker. So according to MITSU, those two coaxial are really four. Then you have two in the front doors and then two more in the rear dash/deck. Grand total of 8 speakers. I also asked how did she knwo for sure and she said she was told by her supervisor. So, I asked for some proof, either a fax, a letter, a diagram, some part numbers pictures or any type of hard evidence they can show me ( taking my car apart was not and is not an option). After the 30 minutes of waiting on the phone, she came back and said she was going to contact the Enhgineering Department in charge of building the vehicle and was going to call MITSU TechLine (Corporate) and get me an answer soon. I have her name and direct number, and she said she will call me with that information...now...if you guys want to find the truth then we all must ask and ask until we get that answer and they change the way they advertise the "8 speaker system"...

Let me know if you guys are with me and i will post that information...If we keep asking ourselves questions we don't know the answer to, we will never the the proof we deserve. Besides, we might be on to something here, like maybe one hell of a class action demand!!! :D

errika
    im totally with you cuz i want my damn 8 speakers!!

erika

I have a 2010 SE I cant find the other speakers either but it says 8 online on the website. I wanna know the answer too

http://www.rockfordacousticdesign.co...ils_galant.asp here is the best answer I found

The Loudspeakers
    The ultimate goal of Rockford loudspeaker engineering is to minimize distortion while generating high sound pressure levels. Rockford Acoustic Design systems utilize proprietary diaphragms, rigid composite frames and computer-optimized motor circuits to carefully balance the suspension components and drive components. This results in very predictable and linear loudspeakers, which are then inherently clear and accurate.
    The loudspeaker system selected for the 2007 Galant Ralliart features the following components:

25 mm silk dome tweeters mounted in a point-source configuration on the leading surface of the dash to produce a natural multi-dimensional soundstage.
    160 mm composite cone mid-woofers mounted forward in the front doors to minimize path-length differences.
    50 mm tuned-cavity surrounds in the rear package tray.
    A pair of 6"x 9" low frequency transducers mounted in infinite-baffle configuration in the rear package tray for optimum coupling with the vehicle cabin to render pure and natural extension.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12