The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stupid Question - 8 Speakers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 30
    errika

Stupid Question - 8 Speakers

Just Wondering - Sales guy said I had the 8 speakers i'm still trying to find the damn other 2...i found six but where are the other two?

Does anyone know I have the LS '04 Model.

Erika

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    If you have the infinity system you should only have 7. two in the rear, two at the bottom front doors, the tweeters in the corner of your window and one in the center of that dash board. If you do not have the one in the center dash board then most like you only have 4.

errika
    ok i have two in the back two in the two doors then two tweeters thats six........i know i dont have one in the dash...so the fuckers lied....they said i had the inf. system.

where would the 8 be is had them?

erika

TGC Regular
    so you have a 9th Gen galant?

this is what i would assume....

2 tweeters
    2 in the front doors
    2 in the rear doors
    2 in the rear deck

or
    2 on the front dash
    2 tweeters
    2 in the front doors
    2 in the rear doors

or
    2 on the front dash
    2 on the front doors
    2 on the rear doors
    2 on the rear deck

or
    2 on the front dash
    2 tweeters
    2 on the front doors
    2 on the rear deck

?

maybe the people in the back get tweeters too??

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

take the car back to them and ask him to show you all 8 speakers...
    That way you can settle it for sure...the only thing I can think is if the tweeter are mounted on the cone for the front and rear speakers...meaning 2 on the front door, 2 tweeters, 2 on the rear doors, 2 on the rear deck
    Mayonnaise colored Benz---I push Miracle Whips
    -K. West

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    oh my bad i didn't even see that you have a 9G.

the 9g ls for sure has 8 speakers. its even listed in mitsu's catalog. the location of the speakers on the other hand is unknown.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

errika
    well i just finished dropping off my car at the dealership for its oil change and its official i have ONLY 6 speakers so im pissed as hell!! so im gonna find my sticker cuz i know it said i had 8 speakers!

so my other question does any know if its possible how i can get a listing of all the options i got on this car w/ just my vin number w/o going thru the dealership cuz they are such assholes?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Erika

2fat4ya
    Did you get the Diamond Package? If you did then you're suppose to have the 6-CD infinity audio system and it should have 8 speakers. If you did not get the Diamond Package then you are only suppose to have 6 speakers.

One way you can find out if you have the Diamond Package is if you have 16" aluminum alloy wheels. If you just have wheel cover on your steel wheel then you only have the base model of LS meaning no 8 speakers, just 6.

errika
    its very weird my car actually came w/ 18 inch chrome rims....

2fat4ya
    ??? you bought it new or used? Well, do you have Steering Wheel-mounted Controls for the audio system?

errika
    i bought it brand new...it has steering wheel controls....

2fat4ya
    I guess you do have the Diamond Package.

This is whats included:

Diamond Package includes: 270-Watt Mitsubishi/Infinity® 6-CD Audio System with 8 Speakers and Steering Wheel-mounted Controls Plus In-glass Diversity Antenna; Titanium-finish Center Dash Pod with Integrated A/C and Audio Controls with Ice-Blue LED Illumination; Keyless Entry with Panic Alarm; 16-inch Multi-Spoke Machine-Finished Aluminum Alloy Wheels.

Did you try calling Mitsubishi Sales and ask them where all the speakers are located?

errika
    ya i did he said he was gonna call me back...cuz i think they dont even know!! fuckers!! hahahha so if they are missing they owe me two speakers thats all i know!

but thanks so much!!

erika

TGC Regular
    yeh, like someone above mentioned, it is possible that some of the speakers have the tweeters in the middle of the cone, so u only see one speaker, but its actually two. its possible i guess.

which ones could you find? locations

errika
    The following are the ones i found

2 tweeters
    2 in the front doors
    2 in the rear deck

So i have no idea where the other two are.

TGC Regular
    did you check for tweeters in the rear doors? i think my moms old passat had those. they might look sorta concealed or something

errika
    yup i checked the rear doors for any thing possible that looked like a speaker of any sort....hehehhe

PhatCat

Galant Speakers

Hey guy. Im new to this forum but iI want to mention a couple of things. I own a 04 Galant LS w/Diamond Package and I asked the same question. I have gotten many different answers. One dealership told me that you have 2 front door, 2 rear dash, 2 front dash w/tweeters inside making it 8 speakers total. The dealership I bought my car from said the opposite, the tweeters were in the back dash speakers. I even called Mitsubishi in Cypress, CA to file a complaint. I have no problem suing over stupid shit like this. I have already sued Mitsubishi under CA Lemon Law. I had an 02 Galant ES at the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast