The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Antenna

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    TGC Regular

Antenna

OK well I am just wondering where out antenna cable ends so the radio gets reception?? I need to connect another wire to it to get the reception. If anyone know where it is let me know....I know the blue wire in the radio harness is just the power wire for the antenna but i need the signal cable for the antenna. thanks

TGC Regular
    Anybody? I Know some1 knows.....

the antenna wire plugs into the back of the radio. it is a thick black wire. it isn't in the same harness as the rest of the wires

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

ipaintu
    are you asking where the Other end of your antenna is (not the thick black cable that plugs to the back of your radio)?

If so Im thinking the 8g antennas are in the rear windows. Someone tho told me it was in the side panel of the sail-panel of your car. I know my 8g has shitty pickup on my stations.. If you have any idea on how to help that out please tell..

NYmagicstk
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>the antenna wire plugs into the back of the radio. it is a thick black wire. it isn't in the same harness as the rest of the wires</div> <span style='color:blue'>Ok, so on my radio, that thick wire is on my right hand side. Do you think I'd be able to tap into that wire to bbost the signal of a tv tuner, or might I mess something up?</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ipaintu)</div><div class='quotemain'>are you asking where the Other end of your antenna is (not the thick black cable that plugs to the back of your radio)?

If so Â*Im thinking the 8g antennas are in the rear windows. Someone tho told me it was in the Â*side panel of the Â*sail-panel of your car. I know my 8g has shitty Â*pickup on my stations.. If you have any idea on how to help that out Â*please tell..</div> <span style='color:blue'> Your radio reception might not be the fault of your antenna, or car. Do you live in a mountainous region? Do you live more than say 50 miles outside of a major city? Where exactly do you live? It might just be your local radio stations broadcast strength.</span>

Proto
    [quote=NYmagicstk]
    Quote Originally Posted by pinoyesv6
    the antenna wire plugs into the back of the radio. it is a thick black wire. it isn't in the same harness as the rest of the wires
    <span style='color:blue'>Ok, so on my radio, that thick wire is on my right hand side. Do you think I'd be able to tap into that wire to bbost the signal of a tv tuner, or might I mess something up?</span>

I believe that would fuck something up...

NYmagicstk
    Yeah, I was thinking that too, What about if I tapped into the antenna wire that connects to the window antennae (at the base of the rear windshield) would that mess anything up? If anything I guess I'll just run the wire that comes with it.

Proto
    just go buy a cheap metal antenna and tuck it in one of back pillars and hook the tv into that

NYmagicstk
    Like the regular type of antenna that screws onto the front or rear fender? Weird... that's a good idea though.

Maybe I could put like 4 antennas on my trunk like the D's. (Detectives) :twisted:

Proto
    Yes those. I shaved the antenna off my old galant and put in it hte rear pillar and still got good ass reception

ipaintu
    No I live in the city no mountains. If you tap into your antenna your done. I have a custom cutlass and didnt want holes in finders. So I just hooked the small antenna to radio and layed it across glove box rear.. Worked just fine. Do that then hide it somewhere.
    I dont know why my radio has shitty pickup tho. Its a nice unit. poineer 8400 double face... Just doesnt pic up stations tho..

NYmagicstk
    [quote=NYmagicstk] <span style='color:blue'> It might just be your local radio stations broadcast strength.</span>

TGC Regular
    you radio and tv run off of difference frequencies....it wouldnt work