The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: newbie questions about intake

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

newbie questions about intake

ok when i did a search trying to understand the mas adaptor i just got more confused....
    i saw this intake on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=38634
    wat do y'all think... I got this intake for free.... where is the mas adaptor and what does it really do... also i m thinking about getting AEM intake but the seller says he doesnt have mas adaptor... now is that a big concern??? cant i just use the one from the current intake....
    <span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>Geaux Tigers!!!!!!</span>

TGC Regular
    i dont really know what your asking, but ill try my best

1) the MAS is that black box thing between the air filter and the piping.

2) im pretty sure the MAS adaptor is just an adaptor so you can bolt the airfilter to the MAS itself, so it would prolly be the piece between the MAS and the airfilter

do you not have any intake at all? cuz i think you have these three options

1) buy a real intake, from AEM or Injen

2) just buy an airfilter, and MAS adaptor, and just take off all the piping and plastic thats in front of the MAS.

3) do the ghetto-intake mod, and chop up your stock plastic box/turn it upside down

Proto
    Shortram intakes on ebay dont come with a MAF adapter. You have to spend the extra $20 and get another filter w/ adapter.

the majority of 8g intakes on ebay come with the MAS adaptor.

the MAS adaptor is that round flange with the 5 holes in it. the 4 holes are used to bolt the adaptor to the MAS. the 5th hole is for a support brace.

if the aem is a short ram, then you have no problem using hte flange that came with the intake that is posted on ebay. you might have to use the ebay filter if the aem filter doesn't fit on the mas adaptor.

if it is a cai you might have to do some modifications due to the possible difference in the dimensions of the ebay MAS adaptor

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

OK here is the deal i have the intake which is selling on ebay... with the black thing(the mas adaptor)IMO already attached ..what i wanted to know was if i buy that AEM intake from this other person would i need to buy a new mas adaptor or use the one i have rite now.... so thats y i was asking where exactly is it... but i think i know where it is... its the black adaptor with wires near the air filter rite?
    <span style='font-size:22pt;line-height:100%'>Geaux Tigers!!!!!!</span>

The black box with the wiring is the MAS itself. The adapter goes between the air filter and the MAS.

Any adapter should be fine, might need a little modification but the interesting end of it is the one that goes to the MAS; and that's alike on all adapters.

This CAI stuff; is it really any good? Surely enough it looks good with some polished aluminum in there for instance but other than that, what's the big deal?

An InJen CAI costs nearly 250 US$ here in Sweden; is it even remotely worth it? I was thinking about it but thought it was too expensive for a tube

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hardrock)</div><div class='quotemain'>An InJen CAI costs nearly 250 US$ here in Sweden; is it even remotely worth it? I was thinking about it but thought it was too expensive for a tube </div>

Thats what I think.

you just got stuck with a wannabe weapon R....i'd send that crap back and buy a real short-ram or do the ghetto intake mod in the tutorials section
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net