The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Custom Headlights...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 112
    Proto
    im feelin the projectors.. im def in if that goes down. long as they have the black housing like my jdm's

nice one... now i am so feeling positive that this project will work out fine..

time to order those projectors and brackets...

njjfudge: nice find too!

Any updates on the headlights?

I'm probably in but I would like some idea of costs
    Why I got half a mind to...ahhh...never mind I just got half a mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jiul
    I'm probably in but I would like some idea of costs
    Who know depends how they will be made, the guy making the kit for the Caprice/impalas kit is going to be about $500 for the basic kit which is just the low beam and high beam projector and the turn signal (so the blue light and 'devil eyes' arent included) but his kit is going to be upgradable so you can buy the basic kit and add on the other stuff later. So you get the basic kit then if you want the blue driving light (which is a compact beam that illuminates far) that would be about $100 more, if you want the devil eyes then thats about $100 or $200 more, if you want H.I.D.s instead then thats about $400 more.

But he was able to work with a companay to make it plug and play, so everything is molded to fit, and will include harness so you dont have to cut or splice anything.

But if this is going to be hand made might cost more cause the materials probably wont be at cost or it could be about the same since you dont have to make a mold and money spent in testing.

So in other words I have no idea, and niether does the other guy, he probably can tell you the price of the hella projectors but couldnt tell you the price of the other materias.
    Signature wanted call: 1800-Darkkend

<a>Take Better Photoshots Tips from the Pro's</a>

fc

Hey all, I'm new here and this exact thread is what made me sign up. I am DYING to do this to my 7G. I've been switching in and out 100's of different xenon bulbs I buy off of Ebay, but nothing looks quite as good as projectors. I want projector headlights badly, and if the cost to get these headlights manufactured is reasonable, count me in!

BMW owner. Galant fanatic.

Count me in!

TGC Regular
    Hey guys, as some of you know i make projector headlights for 8Gs and I was going to wait to post in the 7G forums cause im so backed up with the 8G guys.....but i saw this post and i had to reply. Since the 7G has a cloudy lens i can make you guys something similar to this without a lens (see pics). Obviously they wouldnt be molded in like the 7G in the picture but you get the idea. Anyways i can do angel eyes in lotsa colors, and dual color too. The price would be about $350 shipped if you guys sent me a set of stock heads. Unfortunately ive got about 25 people on the waiting list right now (8Gs) so realistically it will be about 3-4 months before i can get to you guys.....but PM me if you want on the list.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

projectors and halogens? then yeah i'll be down for it, could you also mold in a driving light (its a pencil beam high beam)?

$350? That's a little pricey, ESPECIALLY if you want a set of headlights to be provided. Unless, your saying that it comes with an HID kit, because then in that case it's worth it. If anyone does actually do this, though, please show some pictures.

350$ is not bad, his work is GREAT flawless, he knows whats hes doing, its not gona be cheep the projecters are $$$$ so the guys prob only makein 100 tops, and with all the work he puts in it seems reasonbile, its not like cibes which are 1K. Go to the PIC section, an memebr names SKILZZ911 has a set which this guy made for him which look Awsome
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

$350 is a great price, especially if it will put out more light, because you know if you go more then 50mph with a 7g you start out driving your headlights. Not only that its $350 for a custom limited headlights.

Very true, I guess $350 ain't too bad. I'd like to see a sample first, though, as in, I want to see what they'd look like in the end first. My funds are kind of short at the moment, so it'd be a while 'till I can afford them but I think I might go with this. Will this simply be projectors inside the assembly, or will it be a completely modified headlight, as in nice and clear without the lines on the plastic and such? For example, this one:

Sure, it looks nice and all but it doesn't look like a $350+ headlight to me. I'd like to try and do what is pictured there myself, but if the headlights this dude makes are exceptionally nicer, then maybe I'll go that route. Yet again, like I said, it's out of my range at the moment. Plus, Xbox 360 comes out tomorrow (w00t) and that's going to empty my bank account itself.

TGC Regular
    If you think my prices are high i suggest that you find someone online that does custom headlights.... and if you actually CAN find one, get a price quote. That caprice guy does similar work to what i do and did you not see his prices??..... Heres another link for you to check.... www.HIDtech.com .......dont bother emailing them for a price quote, i already did.......$45 AN HOUR.....which does NOT include parts. I easily spend 15+ hours on each set of headlights i do.... so you do the math. I have also checked many different forums for price comparisons on retrofits and the cheapest i have found was $725 on an RSX forum (HID)... Besides most people that do retrofits will only stick a projector and shroud in the headlight ( like the one the picture above, and the $725 RSX headlights)....I do complete fiberglass bezels with angel eyes (check the pics below) and also color match the housings to your car. Actually the reason my prices are so LOW is becuase i want as many customers as i can so i dont have to get a REAL job

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

Understood and DAMN those lights are sick that you posted! Man, I want them. Question, though. If you do actually make the projector lights for my 7G, will the glass in front of the light itself still have all the lines on it or will you replace it with completely clear glass? I would love to have angel eyes but the lines on the glass will completely null out any reason to have it.

TGC Regular
    When i make some for the 7G they will have to be the style WITHOUT a lens at all, like the ones at the top of this page on the white galant. This is the only way to get around that cloudy lens problem you guys got. But they will still have angel eyes too. I like the no lens look personally.

that still is pretty nice, yes. Well, like I said, finances forbid it right now, but when I can save up a few pennies, I think I'm going to go this route.

Please, if anyone gets this done POST PICS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!111111

Im on the waiting list for the headlights the caprice/impala guy is making, but he found a manufactur to help. The bezel is CNC made, the lights are coming straight from Hella (he made an account) and some other things. Im going to get the basic kit but slightly costum, instead of that little blue light going to put a turn signal in there (so it'll have two turn signals), and down the line i'll add the Devel eyeSS.

But im sure the 7g heads will be just ass good if not better. If theres a waiting list for the 7g heads add me.

TGC Regular
    There is only one guy on the list for 7Gs right now, i beleive it is "Proto" but he's a little ways down on the list. anyway, i will add you guys too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>I like the no lens look personally.</div>

So, does THAT mean that you're going to make some Cibie-Style heads for the 8G?? Cause that would be my prefered style of choice as well. Especially with Angel/Devil Eyes!!
    MatrixRenagade

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast