The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Custom Headlights...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 80 of 112
    I was wondering why we didnt do that just smooth out the lenses maybe on some jdms. I figured it had just been done, and failed thats why we hadnt talked about it here.
    My son was born!!! 4/18/06
    Easton
    Vya
    Ornelas

could it not be replaced by a clear plastic cover instead of the glass lens... just like the newer cars today?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(getafix)</div><div class='quotemain'>could it not be replaced by a clear plastic cover instead of the glass lens... just like the newer cars today?</div>

Are you talking about JDMs, or USDMs because JDMs come with glass, and USDMs come with plastic so...
    Easton
    Vya
    Ornelas

to get on the list do i have to send you the money and headlights first? or do i send that to you after my name comes up?
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!

TGC Regular
    No you dont have to send any money.. Ill put you on the list and when your name comes up ill contact you.

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mitsubishi_Lover)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(getafix)</div><div class='quotemain'>could it not be replaced by a clear plastic cover instead of the glass lens... just like the newer cars today?</div>

Are you talking about JDMs, or USDMs because JDMs come with glass, and USDMs come with plastic so...</div>
    so USDM's galants already come with clear plastic covers?

It depends on what you mean by clear lol. It is a clear lens WITH LINES IN IT... I dont believe any other lenses from other vehicles would fit our car. I have also wondered why we couldnt just make some clear plastic ones with a mold or something. Also if someone has hookups with ppl that can make body kits, or ppl that can make custom headlights...how come no one has hookups in the plastic molding market???
    Easton
    Vya
    Ornelas

That what I was thinking... since the lens are plastic anyway, has someone tried cleaning the plastic lens from within instead of the outer part of lens as discussed in one of the tutorials here... I suspect it would have the same effect.

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    i know the problem with plastic is how easily, and horribly the fog up. Even if you tried to clean them fomr the inside they would still be foggy. Where as glass doesn't fog. Over time if you used a plastic lens for the angel eyes, you wouldn't see the angels cause of the fogginess.

I hope this doesn't.... fog the issue of which lenses are foggy and which leneses are not foggy....

You know,.....

it's hard to drive in foggy weather.......

with a foggy lens.......

what a foggy investigation. *rim shot*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blue Ice)</div><div class='quotemain'>i know the problem with plastic is how easily, and horribly the fog up. Â*Even if you tried to clean them fomr the inside they would still be foggy. Â*Where as glass doesn't fog. Â*Over time if you used a plastic lens for the angel eyes, you wouldn't see the angels cause of the fogginess.

I hope this doesn't.... fog the issue of which lenses are foggy and which leneses are not foggy....

You know,.....
    Â*

it's hard to drive in foggy weather.......
    Â*

with a foggy lens.......

</div>

if you cleaned the lens and made it "clear again" and then put a proective film like lamin-x over it, you shouldn't have that problem

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

so what number am i on the list?
    life's a waste of time, time's a waste of life, So foget about life and get wasted all the time!

TGC Regular
    Youre in the 30s, but it may be a little closer cause a few people dropped off the list recently (wrecked their Gs)

Need some paint or bodywork done in Chicagoland or NW Indiana???.. http://www.alsautobodyexperts.com/

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    where am I on the bezzle list?

you could make a replacement out of lexan... i think thats what my aurora's covers are made of... ive seen 2001+ auroras with 200k miles on them and completely clear headlight lenses. good thing too cus the reflectors are pretty finicky.

<span style="color:#000000">1996 Mitsubishi Galant ES Premium</span>

am i any closer on the list?

TGC Regular
    PMs sent.

this is one of the last things i wanted to do before i wrecked my galant........ luckily, i bought a 97 impreza, which has kits like this readily available on ebay and such....

so i ended up buying a set of morettes with the halos in them....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/mik...-11-06_1603.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/mik...-11-06_1737.jpg

wiring is really easy on them, too.

MikeyP

^^ looks mean.shady pics but still lookin good

Thanks.

They're from a crappy phone camera.... i'll have more after thursday, cuz we're having a meet and i'm sure people will take pics of em with nice cameras.

MikeyP

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast