The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3G Eclipse Strut Bar Help!!!

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
    Galant_00

3G Eclipse Strut Bar Help!!!

I just got my my 3G GT Eclipse Strut Bar and I am having some problem with the install. It doesn't seem like the bar is lining up with the bolts correctly. Here are some pics of the problems I am running into. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Pics

TGC Regular
    If it is not lining up you need to switch the sides of the brackets or turn the brackets around. I had the same problem, but it should fit.

you need the brackets that attach to the sides of the bar. that' what attaches the bar to the strut towers... it does not attach directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger DANJ
    If you are looking for the OEM Eclipse front strut bar, you can get it for like $55 shipped or so from www.donherring.com which is where I got mine a few years ago.

strut bar - MR468848 - $39.60
    bracket - MR468851 (for the left side) - $2.77
    bracket - MR468852 (for the right side) - $2.77
    You need 4 nuts and washers as well, but I forget the part numbers. The nuts are metric - class 10.9 Hex Nut, M8-1.25

this is how the bracket attaches to the car and bar.

Yeah, what Reelax said.

Here is a picture of my 3G Eclipse strut bar... Notice the brackets on each side that the bar attaches to.

You will need the 2 brackets and 4 nuts to go along with the bar. The part #s for the brackets are MR468851 (for the left side) and MR468852 (for the right side).

haha! you posted while i was editing... i quoted you but you beat me to it in this thread bro!

I thought it looked like it was on backwards but I wasnt sure
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjaydeeone
    I thought it looked like it was on backwards but I wasnt sure
    '

lol ya. going over the the top in the middle... didn't look quite right to me...

try turning it 180degrees and let us know if it fits. lol
    -Chris

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>haha! Â*you posted while i was editing... Â*i quoted you but you beat me to it in this thread bro!</div>
    I hate when that happens.

Galant_00
    Thanks for all the feedback. Could these brackets be ordered from any Mitsubishi Dealership or just Don Herring. Thanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Galant_00)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks for all the feedback. Â*Could these brackets be ordered from any Mitsubishi Dealership or just Don Herring. Â*Thanks</div>

any mitsu dealer with a parts department should be able to get it for you.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.