The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 1999 4G64 Fuel Filter?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

1999 4G64 Fuel Filter?

Wassup people,

Just have a quick question.. I have roughly around 90,000 miles on my car. I was interested in finding out if any of your guys know if the I4 has a fuel filter. I have heard the filter is in the tank and other have told me that it's in the engine bay and others have told me we don't have one.

Today as I was replacing my termostat on my ride, I was looking at the fuel lines and noticed that on one of them it has something that looks like a fuel filter (in line). I believe from seeing it, it was either black (maybe it could be just grime and dirt) or it was clear...

It is actually right in back of the throttle body / fuel rail... Can anybody correct me if I'm wrong? If it's the fuel filter is it just pull apart, replace with new one or how does that work. Can anyone help me with this.

By the way I did a search and just came up with post about Miles Per Gallon (MPG) and SDS systems, fuel pumps ect...

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    im in a good mood, see if this helps
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...hlight=strainer

Experienced TGC Member krispy03's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tolowbass)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>The filter on the fuel pump inside the tank is the strainer. Â*The fuel filter is in the engine bay bolted to the firewall. Â*Got to your fuel rail, follow the send line to the firewall, it will lead to a black cylinder. Â*Theres a 17 or 18mm bolt on top and a 14mm nut on the brass line on the bottum. Â*At least thats how it is on the 7g. Â*You can replace the fuel filter and it does need to be replaced every so often. Â*Not that offten but once a year or not even that. Â*

My filter for the talon was $12.95 at autozone.</div>
    not for an 8g. there is no replacable fuel filter</div>