The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Anyone else have the #6 injector problem?!?!?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    2k1GTZ-PHX
    manybrews--where at in the midwest are you from? i lived in wichita, ks for 16 years and then omaha, nebraska for 8.

i picked up the galant in omaha...no problems with gas there!

if you ever hear about the injector issue, please let me know! but as far as the ghost code...that was straight from the mechanics mouth with the service manager standing next to him.

next time the SES comes on...it's definitely not going back to those guys! let's just keep the fingers *crossed* and pray it does not come on again!!
    nick

BlueESV6
    I wonder if altitude played a part... when I lived in denver the octane was lower and that additive did not make the car happy...

Phoenix is like 5-6K feet isn't it? Maybe it a local thing in that part where altitude is higher... just a guess.

2k1GTZ-PHX
    5k-6k altitude...man, i live in the valley of the sun! j/k it's only like 2-3k above sea level...i'm hoping when the "big one" hits california, i will have some beach front property! haha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2k1GTZ-PHX)</div><div class='quotemain'>manybrews--where at in the midwest are you from? Â*i lived in wichita, ks for 16 years and then omaha, nebraska for 8.

</div>

minneapolis.

2k1GTZ-PHX
    minneapolis is a fun city--been there a couple of times. i have a couple of clients that live up there.

thanks again for all of the help the past couple of days!!
    nick

2k1GTZ-PHX

I'm getting reimbursed!!

just got the call from the head service guy at mark mitsu. he told me that he talked to mitsubishi and they are going to reimburse me for the costs of the work done to my car!

how's that for a good monday! now, all i have to do is get my computer to work and life will be back to normal!

thanks a ton to all of you for the help in combatting the dealer!!

Layton
    Write Mitsu regarding the POOR service at your dealer. I took my car in for some work under warranty; 8 return trips later, the problem still wasn't fixed. Since it was now out of warranty, I gave up and fixed it myself in a couple of hours. So, I wrote the owner of the dealership and Mitsu. The owner tried to "fix" the situation, but I told him where to go. I'm very happy with my new dealership. About a month later, Mitsu wrote me as part of their investigation into the former dealership. They came down on the dealership's service department like a ton of bricks.

If your letter is professional, Mitsu should act on it and investigate the dealership.

I just saw this thread today (haven't been here for a while). I had the same problem as 2k1GTZ-PHX about a year ago. With only about 13K miles. Took about 5-6 trips to the dealer :x . One more trip and i was ready to file under Lemon Law. First they tried replacing the spark plug in whichever cylinder the code said the problem occured. Did that a couple of times for different cylinders. Then they replaced an injector, but the problem came back. Replaced 2 more injectors and the ECU. Finally, after they replaced the other 3 injectors on the rear bank, all new plugs, new plug wires, the problem went away. Dealer claims Mitsu knows there were problems with the injectors; tech said replacement injectors have different part #. I'm still waiting to see if the problem comes back. I live in CA, and my manual says injectors are covered 5/60, and I think also under emissions warranty 8/80, which they should be - injectors going bad certainly affect emissions.

Gilhuly
    The part I don't get is why you are buying two new injectors - that sale was the result of incorrect diagnosis - the injectors were dirty, not deficient. Make them take em back if you don't want em.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12