The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Outer rims scratched up

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Outer rims scratched up

Does anybody know how to make the appearance of scratched up rims on the edges look a little better. Is there some kind of sanding or spray painting you can do to make that look better or not?

Re: Outer rims scratched up

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(macknati)</div><div class='quotemain'>Does anybody know how to make the appearance of scratched up rims on the edges look a little better. Â*Is there some kind of sanding or spray painting you can do to make that look better or not?</div>

Look up powder coating rims in the search feature.

yeah, the only way to really get rid of them is to have them sanded down and re-done. Powder coating is your best solution for having them re-surfaced than paint which will scratch off easier.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

Well what kind of places does things like that?? To tell you the truth, I had never heard of powder coating until today.

Quote Originally Posted by macknati
    Well what kind of places does things like that?? To tell you the truth, I had never heard of powder coating until today.

Some Special Tire places might do it.

Search Tool. Powder Coating. or Painting Rims. even in Google you get some good hits. Check it out.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...ght=powder+coat

wheel shops...and I'm not talking Les Schwab or whatever chains you have in your area. There is only one in town for me, but I have talked to them and they are a wheel shop and thats what they specialize in. Fixing and sanding wheels is what they do, then you would take them to a powder coating place to have them finished.
    8G Galant GTZ-juiced, 275 hp
    1G Eclipse GSX-pushin 400 whp-09/22/06 12.33 @ 113mph

The best of both worlds...

depending on how damage the wheel is, the color and type of finish you have on your wheels you might be able to fix it yourself.

i know on my one set of wheels, i had some curb rash. sanded the rash lightly. put in some filler, sanded that down and luckily there was a paint that matched the color of my wheels so i was able to paint that small area and blend it in.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.