The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Injectors ~ Couple questions.

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    Experienced TGC Member

Injectors ~ Couple questions.

Just wondering, Im about to buy some Venom 310cc injectors from someone i know, and i was wondering how long do injectors stay good? I mean is there a certain period of time/mileage at which point they go bad (ie like sparkers)?

Also do our cars use high or low impedance? I take it that with high impedance, I will have to get some additional hardware?

maximus
    from my understanding our cars are high impedance.If you get the low impedance then you would need a resister box from a 2g eclipse or a honda.How many miles on the injectors?You may want to get them flow tested if they have a lot of miles on them.It is always a good idea to flow test injectors before installing them.later maximus

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus)</div><div class='quotemain'>from my understanding our cars are high impedance.If you get the low impedance then you would need a resister box from a 2g eclipse or a honda.How many miles on the injectors?You may want to get them flow tested if they have a lot of miles on them.It is always a good idea to flow test injectors before installing them.later maximus</div>

Im not exactly sure how many miles (ill ask), though thanks for info.

maximus
    No problem.I had to do alot of research for the turbo set-up that I was going to run and the injectors was a big part of that.Are you running an safc or an e-manage to control your air fuel mixture?Good luck glad I could help you out.maximus

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(maximus)</div><div class='quotemain'>No problem.I had to do alot of research for the turbo set-up that I was going to run and the injectors was a big part of that.Are you running an safc or an e-manage Â*to control your air fuel mixture?Good luck glad I could help you out.maximus</div>

I think im going to go with SAFC, since supposedly the Emanage might be a problem with autos.

Ya I was planning on doing a tranny swap first, though i just happened upon some rare Xtech turbo manifolds. I couldn't resist.

ken inn
    fuel injectors are the epitomy of the "only got a couple thousand miles on them, used by a little old lady who only drove to church and back". EVERY set of injectors i put in my car i have cleaned and flowed. and every set of injectors, including the ones that came in my car, improved by about 20% after good cleaning. the exceptions were a set of 450's i got off my jdm motor, which showed to be near perfect, and 2 sets of lucas injectors, of which at least 1 of them could shoot fluid clear across the room. can you say, NO ATOMIZATION? one can only guess at what would have happened with them in my motor. can you say, HYDROLOCK? the ONLY way to be sure is to get them cleaned and flowed. even brand new ones. www.cruzinperformance.com is a really good place.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ken inn
    fuel injectors are the epitomy of the "only got a couple thousand miles on them, used by a little old lady who only drove to church and back". EVERY set of injectors i put in my car i have cleaned and flowed. and every set of injectors, including the ones that came in my car, improved by about 20% after good cleaning. the exceptions were a set of 450's i got off my jdm motor, which showed to be near perfect, and 2 sets of lucas injectors, of which at least 1 of them could shoot fluid clear across the room. can you say, NO ATOMIZATION? one can only guess at what would have happened with them in my motor. can you say, HYDROLOCK? the ONLY way to be sure is to get them cleaned and flowed. even brand new ones. www.cruzinperformance.com is a really good place.
    HI KEN! Wow this is a coincidence, I was reading your posts over on dsmtuners just last night, and thinking to myself "damn this guy knows his shit" (namely your hatred for lucas disk-type injectors). lol, I feel honored you would grace my lonely thread.

Anyways, ya you've convinced me to get my next set of injectors flow tested, and keep only the good ones. Besides any performance gains I might or might not experience, the overall longevity of my motor is what matters (i drive close to 100 miles a day, for school and work 5 days a week ~ break down = castration).

Now my next question is to with the actual setups themselves. I wan't to avoid getting an adjustable FPR, low impedance injectors (the wiring...it scares me like spiders), or running so rich that I tear a hole in the ozone. So I've narrowed down my selection to these two setups:

(1)
    Walbro 190 lph
    stock rails/stock fpr
    450cc injectors (peak and hold + low impedance ~ which require the dreaded wiring and what not)

OR

(2)
    Walbro 255 lph
    stock rails/fpr
    RC 310cc injectors (saturated + high impidence ~ which should be a direct drop in)

The way I see it, both setups will not require an adjustable FPR. Whats your opinion on this?

Thanks a lot for your help!

a walbro 255 s will easily overrun your stock regulator.

are you planning on running boost?
    if not, then just rewire your stock pump, and don't waste your time with injectors, just tune with a safc. cause without a compressor, fueling isn't going to be a problem, its going to be generating airflow.

as far as the wiring goes, if you don't feel comfortable going at it on your own, then get someone to help. to tell you the truth, there were a lot of things i wasn't confident in when i would just read the vfaq's or a tutorial, but, when it came down to it, and i had a printout in one hand and the parts/ wires right in front of me, everything made a great deal more sense.
    its really not hard.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    with a 255lph you WILL need an AFPR.

also, the wiring for the injectors isn't that bad. i did it in 35 minutes, and i'm a really slow worker.

just get 450cc injectors with the resistor pack if needed. you can get 450 injectors on ebay that don't need the resistor pack on ebay.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Experienced TGC Member
    DOHC: I'm planning on going turbo, and making around 220ish whp. Basicly lowest boost. The turbo is t3/t4e.

Yo peano, I think I might just go with the lows. A resistor pack shouldn't be anymore difficult than solder tiny ass computer parts (like the tiny wires on a $500 video card after you cut them by accident).

8)

brandon
    220whp on low boost? What do you consider low?! :shock:

its no so much how long they last.. just the miles.. they last prety long tho.. i have aftermarket injectors and i havent had a problem with them at all.. ive had em about a year
    www.anti-rice.com

lasthopeskrispy: so i was fucking this guy in the ass over the weekend and you know what he decides to do....he reaches around and cups my balls. I was like hey what a fag!