The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8th gen turbo problems

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

8th gen turbo problems

i have a 16g turbo on my car and a side mount intercooler. the same setup as a fist gen eclipse. i have and fmu and a fuel pump so there is no way to tune my fuel. im also runing 7 psi. first qustion how should i tune the fuel? second how much boost can i run before the block blows on stock internals? o and with that problem ( and over heating ) i still manged to get a 15.91 in the quater. and its automatic. i would also like to know if yall got turbo lag from the front mount intercooler?

I was considering the same setup on my car but with a fmic, but decided to go a diff route. If I am not mistaken u should be able to run about 8 psi on stock internals. Sorry, I cant assist with the other questions.

Back from the dead!!!

Mindless
    Ditch the FMU, upgrade your injectors, and get a SAFC.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Yes ditch the FMU, grab some dsm 450s or 550s, resistor pack, SAFC, and pocketlogger. You should be able to tune it relatively good with that setup.

What fuel pump did you go with?
    7g for life!

i work at a shop that works on dsms. from what i saw it dosnt look like they will fit. and i think the super afc im sure will make a huge differance. and the fuel pump is off a porche, before i got it it was used for nos.

Stock/aftermarket DSM injectords will work for the 8g i4, just need to wire in the resistor pack for them. Almost positive.
    7g for life!

15.9 in the quarter WITH a turbo? good lord...
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

15.9 Untuned. You could have the biggest turbo in the world and without the right tuning, you still could run a 17s 1/4.

Tuning is a very big factor in a turbo setup.
    7g for life!

if the 8th gen injector harness is different than 4g63t injector harness, then just buy injectors that come with the female harness and splice it in. then you will fit. also yes you will need an injector harness, there are some vfaq's that show you how to do it.
    as far as the lag, you may want to check your system for boost leaks. tiny leaks make a huge difference. again, there is a vfaq that covers that. make sure all your vaccum lines are clamped or zip tied too. a 16g with a smic should spool pretty quick, especially with that motor.
    the fmu is going to make you run way too rich. they are garbage for dsms. if nothing else get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. i hope your fule pump was out of a posche turbo, otherwise you probably won't see any benifit from running it.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>15.9 Untuned. Â*You could have the biggest turbo in the world and without the right tuning, you still could run a 17s 1/4.

Tuning is a very big factor in a turbo setup.</div>

i know that wiseass
    President Team DNA IL Chapter
    [email protected]
    www.dnaracing.net

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i'm tuning via EGT gauge and s-afc2. and o2 gauge of course. thats all you should need for basic safe operation of the turbo.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You shouldnt rely on an EGT gauge for tuning, its more of a warning gauge.
    7g for life!

brandon
    POCKETLOGGER peano, pocketlogger!