The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Accesories Needed To Fullfil my FANTASY!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

Accesories Needed To Fullfil my FANTASY!

whats going on everyone... well, come to tell you guys ive begun to buy my turbo parts... i got a lot of piping and a resonator to put on the exhaust, just needa get the other parts.. turbo and FMIC is next... BUT i had a few questions that for some odd reasson the search didnt find! kinda akward, but never the less, here ya go
    1)As for tuning my shop told me the E Manage was one of the best for the $, but that tuning would take a while.. is there any other kind of tuning piece ECU thatll be able to tune my car quicklier?? dont wanna pay 12 hour labor for a damn 2 hour labor like my buddies civic (obviously has more parts available).
    2)as to injectors to be running a T3 60 trim turbo, would you suggest the VR4 injectors to be perfectly fine on my 6g72?
    3)What/Where can i get the Walbro fuel pump for an eclipse or my G? which would fit since i dont see any for the galant and i havent seen any for a 3g eclipse, or am i not looking in the proper locations?
    Diego

Experienced TGC Member
    You can use the VR4 injectors, I suggest you also swap out the fuel rail with the VR4 rail.

The pump you should be looking for is off the 2G turbo pumps. They are the same as ours (i4 and v6).

Good luck on your project bro.

BTW Do you have any pics of the piping for the turbo (from both exhaust banks to the turbo).

i should be picking them up later this week... my friend got em since hes painting em black... so vr4 injectors and fuel rail, and 2g walbro 255 fuel pump works... PERFECTO! is there a place where i can see turbos by name and size? like a t3 60 trim.. show pic and specs, and then a t25 turbo pics n specs? Thanks!
    Diego

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    www.nopi.com has Venom high flow fuel pumps for our cars

i havent heard anything on those "Venom" pumps other than NOS from Venom... now Walbro i know is used on many cars, specially buddies around here have them.. both my firends civic SI turbo and honda accord turbo...
    Diego

Mindless
    This place is the cheapest I've found:

http://www.extremepsi.com/store/customer/h...ome.php?cat=560

i have some items for sale you might be interested in buying
    send me a email at [email protected]

Thanks for the links, check your email leicoolya!!!!
    Diego

for tuning i was told to use a

-AEM plug and play full tunable computer
    -FMU
    -Apexi AFC

the AFC IMO is crappy for tuning, so i duno which of the otehr two would be the way to go. What would you guys suggest.
    Diego

Mindless
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>for tuning i was told to use a

-FMU
    -Apexi AFC

the AFC IMO is crappy for tuning, so i duno which of the otehr two would be the way to go. Â*What would you guys suggest.</div>

Say no to the FMU. The AEM standalone is just too f*&%$ng expensive IMO. So out of those three I would say AFC.

There's a cheaper alternative here:

http://www.diyautotune.com/products.htm

On my civic I'll be using www.turboedit.org

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>for tuning i was told to use a

-FMU
    -Apexi AFC

the AFC IMO is crappy for tuning, so i duno which of the otehr two would be the way to go. Â*What would you guys suggest.</div>

Heres a great write up on the AEM EMS from RRE:
    http://www.roadraceengineering.com/ems.htm

BTW I heard that stand alones are incompatible with our cars since we have autos instead of 5spds. Atleast thats what the 3g guys said.

im thinking of Greddy E-Manage... dunno yet... its the only thing worrying me :oops:
    Diego

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by galantv600
    im thinking of Greddy E-Manage... dunno yet... its the only thing worrying me :oops:
    Yep same problem looks like (with auto and what not).

I heard about the problem between the stand alones from the guys over at club3g, then today someone mentioned it over at 3s.org, so im guessing its a definite problem.

Though one way around this is supposed to be by using 2 ECUs. Keep the original as a dummy ECU, that only works to control shift points, and the other for everything else.

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    Is it not possible to use a piggyback for now?

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkylineG1
    Is it not possible to use a piggyback for now?
    A piggyback is what everyone is using to begin with. Its the stand alone systems, that us auto tranny guys will probably have problems with.

Not sure why you think we would have problems using the emanage, i'm switching to that very soon, so i'll let ya know how it turns out

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leicoolya
    Not sure why you think we would have problems using the emanage, i'm switching to that very soon, so i'll let ya know how it turns out
    Just repeating what I heard on the 3G/3S boards.

edit: For some reason I kept think the Emanage was a standalone. Nvm looks it will work fine.