The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: found a 1990 galant is it a good buy??

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    midwestgalant

found a 1990 galant is it a good buy??

it is a 1990 galant GS<i believe
    it is a 5 speed with a dohc motor has power everything, FWD, electrionic suspention, and some thing that looks like elctronic power assist power steering?? some button with a steering wheel on it in the center console,
    the body is in good shape no rust no dents, has body side molings and a rubbery wing, it has a chrome grill too

all of this car is for 500 bucks, i dont know if it runs or not didnt get to talk to the owner yet, but if it does is this a good car? i'm looking for something to hand all of the civic owners and eclipse owners their asses in, i'm tired of being asked to race in my 8G with chrome 18's and a 200lbs stereo system:P

thanks for any info

well mines an 89, sohc 2.0l engine, aussie version though, but your's sounds like a decent buy! even if it doesnt work, and the motors dead, you should still be able to drop a new one in.
    a note though, the electronic suspension, i've only heard bad things about it, and most people will have it fail i think, so factor in the price of new suspension into it as well.

i reckon if the body is good, no rust etc, then may be a good project car. there's not really any mods available for it, body kits are hard to find, but if you just wanna ride it stock, maybe make a sleeper, then these are good cars but yeah, factor in a new engine and new suspension

*k, just saw it already has a bodykit, so forget that point lol. but prolly still looks like a sleeper. just get it, swap the engine and suspension and off you go!

ramell86
    I have an 89 GS 5 speed.

Chances are that the Electronic Suspension is already shot, but if its still working then i would definately plan on it failing.

That button somehow changes the power steering it seems. Sport mode seems to make the steering wheel harder to turn at higher speeds (greater than 35 mph), making it more precise IMO.

Should be a good car, I know that mine has.

ken inn
    there aint a whole bunch of eclipses out there that you will beat. maybe a few 1.8's, but a dohc will easily pull away, a gst/gsx will suck the doors off the galant. you will think you are going backwards.

midwestgalant
    i'm not worried about the DOHC guys i have a rebuilt 1991 talon DOHC turbo motor that i am planning on putting in it, so that is not an issue, there an not many turbo eclipse's in my area so i'm not going to worry about that, and i have only seen like 2 GSX's in the past year, my plan is to make a turbo sleeper and really put to shame all the idiots with their rs eclipses and civics and all the other ricers in town( and there are alot of them) there is nothing worse than getting beat by a 4 door car that looks plain jane

evopwr
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(midwestgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>i'm not worried about the DOHC guys i have a rebuilt 1991 talon DOHC turbo motor that i am planning on putting in it, so that is not an issue, there an not many turbo eclipse's in my area so i'm not going to worry about that, and i have only seen like 2 GSX's in the past year, my plan is to make a turbo sleeper and really put to shame all the idiots with their rs eclipses and civics and all the other ricers in town( and there are alot of them) there is nothing worse than getting beat by a 4 door car that looks plain jane</div>

hahaha ur so rite about that
    go for it m8!

this was a month ago you realise...?