The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Gauge Meters..What to choose??

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Gauge Meters..What to choose??

AS some of u may know im going turbo, and i need some gauges.I was priced up from greedy gauges as below..but they are to much $$$ for me so im looking for Autometer and around under 400-450 shipped if not cheeper, I don't want some cheep ebay brand or knock offs i need something of good quality and which can function well. I been looking but i dunno what to look for i hope some 1 can help me...Thanks in advance. I plan to put them where my AC controls are now so i need 60MM and Black since my interior is Black/Tan.

Greddy Gauge - EGT - P/H/W - 60mm - Black - Elec
    Greddy Gauge - Boost - PHW - 60mm - Black
    Greddy Gauge - Fuel Pressure - PHW - 60mm - Black

1) What type should I get? are their certain types which i should go with or stay away from? here a quote from a member " Just any mechanical that requires you to bring any liquid into the cabin are bad" so I guess the liquid filled one is out.
    www.autometer.com

Types:
    Full sweep Electric
    Short sweep Electric
    Liquid Filled Mechanical
    Digital
    Pedestal Mount Tachs
    In-Dash Tachs & Speeos

2) What series should i get?
    I see theirs TONS of series to choose from, I want BLACK backround and 60MM

Thanks guys i kno ya gona point me in the right direction.
    00 Galant ES Turbo/5-Speed
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    well, anything from autometer or greddy is going to be reliable and accurate and work for a long long time.

egt and boost are easy, just get whichever you like. as for fuel presure, you'll want an electric fuel pressure gauge with a remote sender mounted in your fuel line. i know autometer makes it for sure, dont know if greddy does but probably.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

is thier an certain series which i should go with? are series just the color options? or do they have differnt machincal/messureing options as well?
    13 GTR

no, they're all the same except for cosmetic differences. now obviously a mechanical fuel pressure gauge will be different from an electric fuel pressure gauge (i think they look the exact same though)

1994 Galant GS 5spd

whats more accurate...Mecnical or Electric?
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Eh depends on the gauge. You dont need a fuel pressure gauge in your cabin. Id go with Electric EGT, mechanical boost and electric oil pressure.

How many gauges are you looking to get?
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>whats more accurate...Mecnical or Electric?</div>

depends what its for. for your boost gauge the mechanical ones are dead on precise. i dont know anything about the electric ones, but i'm sure they're just as sharp. as for the fuel pressure gauge, i'd run an electrical (will cost a lot more than mechanical). something about running a fuel line into the engine bay doesn't sit right with me. hope your not a smoker for egt don't really have a choice. can't exactly route exhaust gasses into the cabin

and seth's right, the only fuel gauge you should need is the one on your FPR to help set your base fuel pressure. i'd say get a wideband (if you can afford it) or oil temp or pressure. any turbo is going to cook your oil like none other. it might convince you to run an oil cooler after you see your temps. dohcstunr can talk about oil temps all day

1994 Galant GS 5spd

IM looking to have 3 gauges inside so ill do this get the fuel pressure outside engine bay.
    Inside ill get BOOST,EGT
    What else gauge is necessary? So I can have 3 if I dont need any other gauge then im good.

WIDEBAND? what is that? is that the greddy emange ima get that..if thats not it then what is it and whats a good wideband
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>IM looking to have 3 gauges inside so ill do this get the fuel pressure outside engine bay.
    Inside ill get BOOST,EGT
    What else gauge is necessary? So I can have 3 if I dont need any other gauge then im good.

WIDEBAND? what is that? is that the greddy emange ima get that..if thats not it then what is it and whats a good wideband</div>

And an Air/Fuel Ratio gauge.

ahh i see for those 3 will be my inside meters...
    air/fuel
    BOOST
    EGT

Im also gona buy an VOLT since thier like 65 bucks for my syteam but gota find a place for the install...
    13 GTR

You are here entirely tooo much!! SkylineG1's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IceDouTGaLanT)</div><div class='quotemain'>ahh i see for Â*those 3 will be my inside meters...
    air/fuel
    BOOST
    EGT

Im also gona buy an VOLT since thier like 65 bucks for my syteam but gota find a place for the install...</div>

Sounds like a plan.

Your car comes equipped with a narrowband 02 sensor. When hooking up an AFR(air/fuel ratio) gauge to it, its not very accurate. You cannot read the data fast enough or accurate enough to tune off of. Wideband will either replace one of your narrowband 02 sensors or is just added to the downpipe. THen you have a gauge in the cabin which is usually digital. They usually can read from 9(rich) to 21(far lean) in incrimints of .1

For gauges, get Boost, EGT, and oil pressure.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>For gauges, get Boost, EGT, and oil pressure.</div>

So no AIR/FUEL???? im sorry man that my mind dont click right
    13 GTR

well its up to you, i'm suggesting getting a wideband a/f gauge so you can moniter true and accurate a/f ratios. it could be required to tune properly depending on your setup

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Withwideband, you dont need an A/F gauge. Well you do, but it will come with the kit. Check out www.zeitronix.com(the kit I have) or I have been hearing good thigns about the Innovate kit
    7g for life!