The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How many turbo 8th gens

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 80
    silver 8g es
    so where did the o2 housing come in contact with, was it the flange on it that mates up to the dp??? did anyone try a 1g o2 housing....i know they are smaller, but i don't think the angle is any different on them though, but they are quite a bit smaller. also, could you maybe send me some pics, i'm curious how you did your piping setup, mainly the intake into the turbo. and i assume you just got a j pipe on the 14b, and then some 45's roughly (piping) going to the fmic? my email is [email protected] don't laugh too hard, its my wifes really old email addy......

neither of the o2 housing will work because they are setup to be on the driver side of the car not the passenger side. so when you do flip them the outlet faces the fans instead of the back of the car the way its susposed to be

Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

silver 8g es
    allright, well i didn't even think about that, brain lapse,
    route 1: what if i could get a guy that could do a custom o2 housing for us to use on mitsu dsm style turbos?? he does pretty good work, and i believe for reasonable prices, would anybody even be interested in this? tell me if i got this right, we use a dsm exhaust manifold, and turbo, have a custom o2 housing, the just get the exhaust and intercooler piping made up by a exhaust shop, or maybe same guy, and thats pretty much it for the fabricatingof the piping????

route 2: what if we could use a evo 8 exhaust manifold, that puts the turbo over to the drivers side correct??? and then ust the dsm turbo (because the evo 8 turbo hits the starter and the dsm turbo doesn't?) and o2 housing like you, but does anyone know does the evo 8 exhaust manifold have the same flange for a dsm style turbo.....if not, maybe i could email buschur and ask them, they would have to know.

first option is good the second isnt possible

option 1 is a good idea you can gat the flange for the o2 housing at www.roadraceengineering.com i think its like 20-25 bucks. the exhaust shop can do your intercooler piping if they have a manderal bender or if you buy the bends and then just have the weld it so that would work, i wouldnt use crush bent IC piping

option 2 isnt possible because the outlet flange on the evo8 manifld doesnt match up with anything other then the evo8 turbo or some aftermarket option so yuou would have to get the whole setup you could use a 14b, t25 or a 16g even though the evo uses a 16g its twin scroll and not the same as the older evo's

option 3 use a evo 3 manifold and then you can use a 14b, t25, 16g or something like that the evo3 manifold places the turbo a little bit to the right but i would still reccomend getting a custom o2 housing because of the out let placement of the stock housing as you can see in the pics i posted
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

silver 8g es
    actually, what about this for an 02 housing, get this kit from http://punishmentracing.com/frameset.html, go to kiy & flanges section, and they have a kit, basically just face the piping the other direction, i'll have to look tonight on the space, (wife drove the galant to work) then just have the exhaust made up to the o2 housing.

silver 8g es
    i just wonder how close the outlet flange on the turbine is to the a/c compressor....i'll try to look tonight.

the second and third picture above show how close it is you cant even fit the o2 housing on there with the ac line where it is. that kit would work it looks like a good solution towhat we need i just dont like the external dump tube but thats an easy fix

silver 8g es
    yea the angle on that looks pretty tight, i don't like the external either, but if we could get that, then the hardest part is just fapping up the intercooler pipes (which you can get a 1g bov flange and pipe from roadraceengineering.com) and intake pipe. also, the one thing i really know nothing about, and don't feel confident about, how did you hook up your oil feed and drain lines to the turbo?

silver 8g es
    allright, after looking i see what you mean about the a/c line, well, i may take the car tomorrow and try to get some measurements and try to think of some ideas, too much to drink right now....my b-day....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ES-Turbo)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats cool do you have any pics of your setup?</div>

I'll try to take some and post them up soon. I'm taking it to the track for the first time tomorrow so I'll have some 1/4 mile times to post up as well.</div>

whatever happened to the pics and the times?

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leicoolya)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ES-Turbo)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats cool do you have any pics of your setup?</div>

I'll try to take some and post them up soon. I'm taking it to the track for the first time tomorrow so I'll have some 1/4 mile times to post up as well.</div>

whatever happened to the pics and the times?</div>

i was wonderin the same thing, lol

btw, when'd you get back???

when is we gon be free????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hodgson316)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leicoolya)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ES-Turbo)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>thats cool do you have any pics of your setup?</div>

whatever happened to the pics and the times?</div>

i was wonderin the same thing, lol

btw, when'd you get back???</div>

back from where?

TGC Regular
    i haven't seen you on tgc in awhile

when is we gon be free????

finally dynoed, 150 wheel hp, 175 tq, at 7.5 psi.

i've been here, i just don't post alot...

ES-Turbo
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(leicoolya)</div><div class='quotemain'>whatever happened to the pics and the times?</div>

I havent had time to get the pics up but I did take it to the track. The car ran 15.82 @ 87.13 mph. That was with a non-intercooled system with a completely stock exhaust system from the factory mid-pipe w/ cat all the way to the back of the car. I put a 2 1/2" cat-back on it and it feels substantially faster. Still has the stock mid-pipe w/ cat on it though. I'll post track times with the cat-back as soon as I can.

The car has dynoed 180 w.h.p. and 190 ft. lbs on the non-intercooled system with the completely stock exhaust system. No dyno numbers with the cat-back yet.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    Why dont you use an intercooler? You can pick up piping from a stock 1g/2g and or make your own and get a SMIC for cheap. A SMIC is better then no intercooler at all.
    7g for life!

ES-Turbo
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'>Why dont you use an intercooler? Â*You can pick up piping from a stock 1g/2g and or make your own and get a SMIC for cheap. Â*A SMIC is better then no intercooler at all.</div>

I know the intercooler will be worth it but it seems like I'm making more power without an intercooler than some of the guys on here who have an intercooler. I have absolutely zero driveability issues as well. No serious detonation, just a great running car. It hits the 120 mph speed limiter with no problem at all. (how do we get rid of that thing anyways??)

I'm doing this one in stages to see exactly what we can get out of each step. That's why I took the car to the dyno and the track on the stock exhaust system. Now I've got the cat-back on and I want to see exactly what thats worth. The front mount system will go on next week after I take it to the track with the cat-back and then with a high flow midpipe.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    I don't see how you can make more power with a non intercooled turbo car. Its there to cool and add density to the air entering the motor thus making it good for the motor to produce more power. Thats why MOST with turbo cars will upgrade to larger intercooler cores. Correct me if I am wrong...i am no turbo expert yet, but thats based on the basics i have learned so far...plus not to mention how HOT that turbo will be running risking its longivity.

You can get rid of the speed limiter by having someplace specializing in ECU tuning eliminating it from the ECU.

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

ES-Turbo
    I didnt say you could make more power with a non-intercooled system. I said it seemed like I was already making more power than some of the guys on here who have intercoolers. I completely intend on making substantially more power once the intercooler is on but it's doing quite well without it. I have well over 6000 miles on the current system with absolutely no issues.

I am not aware of anyone who is capable of modifying the computers in these cars. If anyone knows than I'd really appreciate the info. I believe the Eclipse computers don't have the speed limiter so trying to swap in one of those seems like the only possibility.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast