The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How many turbo 8th gens

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 80 of 80
    brandon
    Odd that you only ran a 15.82 when you're making 180/190hp... Is your tranny auto or manual??

ES-Turbo
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>Odd that you only ran a 15.82 when you're making 180/190hp... Is your tranny auto or manual??</div>

It's an auto. It was extremely hot that night though. I was honestly expecting more to but that's what it did. It was very strange. We ran the car three times with two different drivers using two different shifting meathods (leaving it in drive and shifting it manually) and it ran the same exact time and mph each time. There was about a hundred pound weight difference in drivers and even that didnt make any difference.

Given the consistency, I can't make any excuses, that's definetly an accurate representation of what the car runs.

brandon
    I hear ya, it's just strange that it wasn't a high 14 with that many hp.

Do you have the breakdown of your runs? Curious to see your 60ft and 1/8 mile.

ES-Turbo
    Took the car back to the track today with the 2 1/2" cat-back installed. It ran 15.54 @ 88.6 mph. So replacing the stock cat-back with a 2 1/2" one was worth three tenths and nearly 2 mph. (not to mention the nicer sound)

It was extremely hot today also. The car still has the stock mid-pipe w/ the cat in it. I'm going to replace it with a 2 1/2" mid-pipe w/out the cat and take it back to the track. I havent got a chance to dyno it with the cat-back yet. I'm going to dyno it before and after the high flow mid-pipe goes on. Then the intercooler tests will begin.

This is still a non-intercooled system so I'm fairly pleased with the results. Especially considering that driveability is 100% and gas mileage isnt to bad either, 23 mpg. consistantly. (that was with the stock cat-back though, not sure if it changed or not)

Experienced TGC Member ZigenScarface's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ES-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by seth98esT
    Why dont you use an intercooler? You can pick up piping from a stock 1g/2g and or make your own and get a SMIC for cheap. A SMIC is better then no intercooler at all.
    I know the intercooler will be worth it but it seems like I'm making more power without an intercooler than some of the guys on here who have an intercooler. I have absolutely zero driveability issues as well. No serious detonation, just a great running car. It hits the 120 mph speed limiter with no problem at all. (how do we get rid of that thing anyways??)

I'm doing this one in stages to see exactly what we can get out of each step. That's why I took the car to the dyno and the track on the stock exhaust system. Now I've got the cat-back on and I want to see exactly what thats worth. The front mount system will go on next week after I take it to the track with the cat-back and then with a high flow midpipe.
    why worry bout IC's when u can just use a water pump n use methanol injection for cooling insted..... boostin-kid

brandon
    With an intercooler I bet you drop down another 3/10 or 4/10 of a second. Nice run though...

ES-Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    With an intercooler I bet you drop down another 3/10 or 4/10 of a second. Nice run though...
    I'm sure it will drop at least that much, if not substantially more. I'm using an internally gated turbo with a 10 psi. actuator. The car had an excessive amount of detonation on 10 psi. but it spooled extremely fast and would burn the tires into second gear when you spooled the turbo up with the foot brake on.

I did not want to buy a lower psi. actuator so I loosened up the flapper valve on the internal gate. That dropped a few psi. and eliminated the detonation but it also drastically slowed the spool up time. Instead of lighting the tires all the way through first gear it only hops them a couple times.

Once the intercoolers on I'll tighten up the actuator to get the boost and spool up time back. It will definetly be a solid 14 second car at that point. For now, it's fast enough to beat 90% of the unsuspecting people that you drive down the road next to. Nobody expects a Galant to actually go anywhere!!

Any updates on your guys setups?
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

im a little late, but im turbo'd 03 ES....... curtrently puttin a 14b on it, and hopefully hittin around 240 hp 270 tq.....sittin at 200/230 now...but the fpr and injectors are goin on this month

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>Any updates on your guys setups?</div>

got the front mount on and about to put on the body kit on also. should be tuned in about 3 to 4 weeks. looks like ill have to pospone the 5 speed swap.

how come? got any current pics?
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

I would like to see some pics also. perferrably the V6's!!!!!

Back in the Family!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>how come? got any current pics?</div>

FEMA gave me a larg sum of money then they told me i had to give it back so i wont be able to do the 5 speed swap for awhile. Also im in the prosses of puting the body kit on and the fuel pump and injectors.

the old 1st gen dsm mainfold

the new pacesetter headers/manifold off of a 2nd gen dsm

old side mount off of a 1st gen dsm

new speco front mount bar and plate good up to 350 whp

old smic piping

new piping ( also in pace setter pic )

and for people who havent seen this pic its the greedy E-01 boost controller

damn thats sick the pace setter looks alot better on the car then i thought it would did you repaint it?

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    wooooo i love pacesetter
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn thats sick the pace setter looks alot better on the car then i thought it would did you repaint it?</div>

it was originally balck paint and it melted off in 2 r 3 days and thats what color it turned now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boostedgalant56)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn thats sick the pace setter looks alot better on the car then i thought it would did you repaint it?</div>

it was originally balck paint and it melted off in 2 r 3 days and thats what color it turned now.</div>

it's only painted to prevent rust while shipping. technically you're supposed to get it powdercoated but few people do. i wrapped mine in exhaust wrap in fear of rust and to keep ambient engine bay temps down

1994 Galant GS 5spd

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boostedgalant56)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn thats sick the pace setter looks alot better on the car then i thought it would did you repaint it?</div>

it was originally balck paint and it melted off in 2 r 3 days and thats what color it turned now.</div>

it's only painted to prevent rust while shipping. technically you're supposed to get it powdercoated but few people do. i wrapped mine in exhaust wrap in fear of rust and to keep ambient engine bay temps down</div>
    All John did was wrap his and look how his turned out.
    7g for life!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boostedgalant56)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn thats sick the pace setter looks alot better on the car then i thought it would did you repaint it?</div>

it's only painted to prevent rust while shipping. technically you're supposed to get it powdercoated but few people do. i wrapped mine in exhaust wrap in fear of rust and to keep ambient engine bay temps down</div>
    All John did was wrap his and look how his turned out.</div>

and he parked a few feet away from the beach for a week. mmmmmm salt in the air

1994 Galant GS 5spd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seth98esT)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boostedgalant56)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(underated)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn thats sick the pace setter looks alot better on the car then i thought it would did you repaint it?</div>

All John did was wrap his and look how his turned out.</div>

and he parked a few feet away from the beach for a week. mmmmmm salt in the air</div>

actually it was on the beach :shock: . about 10 feet from the water at high tide(parked under my beachhouse in south carolina)

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234