The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: do u have headers, catback exhaust, downpipe, etc... read...

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    escoson

do u have headers, catback exhaust, downpipe, etc... read...

ok here are the mods i am starting in a few weeks...

1. intake
    2. high-flow cat
    3. performance headers
    4. performance strate pipe
    5. performance down pipe
    6. cat back exhaust

my question is, how much time could this take off my 1/4? could it be more then 2 seconds? im just trying to find out if any of you did these mods and how much hp you gained. its a 02 es 4cyl.

thanks for the help

peacE

Your looking at about a 25-35hp gain. the most signifigant gain coming from the header but all of the mods together do together very well. As far as your 1/4 mile time, it depends on you. your r/t plays a big part of it. my friend had a 3 second reaction time and with no mods added I increased his 1/4 time by 2.5.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

do some more research b4 u get some mods. u can't put everything on your car @ the same time

for example...

the str8 pipe and the high flow cat go in the same place. can't have them on @ the same time. i'd go for the high flow cat. there isn't a big need to have a str8 pipe with a high flow cat anyways. what kinda gains you are gonna see .00001 hp?

can't have a downpipe with aftermarket headers either. its one or the other. aftermarket downpipes are made to link up with the OEM exhaust headers. aftermarket headers are made to link up with either the cat or a test pipe of some sort

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    Well at least he didn't list 3 different CAIs and assume you could use all 3 at the same time for 30 hp gain...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

My fault man I didn't catch that when I first read it, what you can have is the intake, Header FLEXPIPE, High Flow cat or Straight Pipe, and Cat Back Exaust.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    You will not get loose 2secs off ur 1/4 mile time with those mods at all.. Your reaction time is everything anything from .5-1.0sec is a good reaction. IF ur looking at dropping 2secs, u will in most cast have to run nitrous oxide, thats how i did it.. i went from doing 16.7 completely stock to doing 13.6 with a ZEX system, not including all the other components that i do have.. LIke pinoy said get ur HFC, headers, and a good CAI and u'll be good..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.