The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: want to do a turbo upgrade and came acrross this....

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    sotoflex

want to do a turbo upgrade and came acrross this....

Hello all.
    want to turbo my 8g But don't want to spend alot of money in a kit,
    I would like to piece together and save some cash..

i have an 8g 2.4L
    I came accross this turbo kit and it it say that is will fit:
    91-92 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
    96-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T Spyder
    96-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
    90-94 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS Turbo/GSX
    95-99 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T/GSX
    90-94 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS

[img]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7976835103&catego ry=33742

If it will fit then i will buy,
    Thanks

TGC Regular
    Yeah you can def just put things together just ask around as your doing now But also read our topic for turbos/superchargers. I would prefer supercharger myself
    Donovan J.

Need something from england..or other eastern nations holla...
    I dont mind looking.

Car: Toyota Soarer GT-T Jspec "Limited"
    Galant: at home chillaxen :(

Mindless
    I wouldn't buy from those guys if they're associated with ssautochrome or xspower. They have a bad reputation.

sotoflex
    Brandon, what turbo setup are you running. did you do a kit or piece it together.
    I have searched the forums and 3g site as well. I know that there are kits that will bolt up and setups that can be pieced together. But what I am not seeing are setup guides for the 8G,
    sure I can search the forums, but what good is the forum if i asked a question and get directed to do a search?

Looking for parts list
    setup guides

Thats all, Somebody has to have it. Oh wait I know do a search,, right

brandon
    Well there's been a few posts lately about 8G guys wanting to go turbo and a lot of good info has been posted by those that already have.

I have a 7G and pieced together everything I needed. Pretty much any kit you buy will be overpriced, so the piece by piece method will save you a lot, even though it's a bit more of a hassle. I actually found it to work out well based on my budget, because you don't have to save up a bunch of cash all at once.

Just keep in mind that although many of the parts are interchangeable between 1G/2G DSMs, Galants, and EVOs, some will not be (i.e. manifold, downpipe, etc.) because of the engine location/setup.

theres no such thng as a 96-99 eclipse gt is there?

that semikit will fit but the manifolds and wastegates from ssautochrome are very cheaply made i wouldnt trust them the wastegate might look like a tial but it definatly is not and the manifold are known for their cracking. from what i remember about the specs of some common turbos the turbo that kit comes with will flow just abou tthe same if not les then a 16g i might be wrong tho its been awhile. overall i would say dont waste your money just piece together a kit using dsm parts it should be cheaper that way
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    2g = 95-99 GST or GSX, 3g = 00-05 GT

I agree with SSAutochrome. Clay bought a SSA Tial wastegate knockoff and he said he had to take it apart and rebuild it after it was on the car for only 4 days. Id skip over that auction and buy something from a known online DSM shop, not eBay.

www.diamondstarmotorsport.com
    www.slowboyracing.com
    www.forcedperformance.net
    www.magnusmotorsports.com
    www.buschurracing.com/
    www.roadraceengineering.com

Theres lots of sites to choose from. You do not necissarily need a tubular exhaust manifold too.
    7g for life!

like brandon said..search...this topic rolls around on a daily another thread saying "i want boost on a budget"....do alittle reading

Like seth said ebay is not a tuner shop...its a place where you can lure people tobuy knock off stuff that looks legit.... Sell your stuff on ebay dont buy....when it comes to car equipment.

Sotoflex, go to a local tuner shop see what they recommend...then at that point feel free to bring there recomendation here to get help with it..

redundant locked...