The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7g turbo install complete and running

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 59 of 59
    Quote Originally Posted by sabzi5858
    good work peano, glad you aren't a ricer anymore

sorry dohcstunr, i was using those copper bends back when i had a 1g bov. i'm using them again now on the hks ssqv temporarily while i work out some tuning issues. the only reason i used them before though is because it was the first thing that popped into mind. now i'm using them because it's the only way i can route it without the hose pinching.

a recirculated bov shouldn't be loud, it shouldn't be audible from another car.
    damn you beat me again sabzi :?
    yeah thats pretty much why i had to use them, cause the hose i had would go flat, and home depot is a block away. but i have a injen style aluminum intake, you can hear it. its not nearly as loud as venting, but you can hear it from the sidewalk( i just put a filter and adapter on my friends all stock gst and you could hear his crappy 2nd gen bov hit, real quick and high pitched) i think it has something to do with the metal reflecting sound back through the filter. but then again, my hks racing bipass valve doesn't have much of a ricer sound to it. sounds more like a semi truck bov, cept without the tremendous psi.
    when i get my upper intercooler piping welded into one piece instead of 3, i'm going to reorientate my flange. so i shouldn't need any bends to recirculate.
    sabzi, did you drop the maft setup?
    if its for sale i got first dibs please sir.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    [quote="peanotation"][quote the next mods would be a true tuning system, not my ghetto setup with only afc2, boost, egt and a/f gauges. also, need a new oil pan.
    quote]

I have a fresh oilpan in the garage with your name on it dude. anything you need i got it.

Again very nice job man.

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    i got a turbochargers.com style oil return line. i put the 1g one on and it just had bad news written all over it. i leak oil from where it bolts up to the drain pan, only because one of the nuts is stripped, so it's kind of being held in by one fully strong bolt and one half-strong bolt. that make sense? i just got to get a new gst drain pan.

the bov was really loud when i didn't have the recirculation tube, but immediately after the blow off the engine would just start choking. so after i hooked up the recirc tube its really loud if i shift in the middle of my peak boost.
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Proto
    looks good peano 8)

if its for sale i got first dibs please sir.[/quote]

i'm still using the maf-t, but it actually has to be tuned in to mimic the stock mas. it isn't a plug and play solution like initially thought, it can run rich or lean, seems to vary person to person, so it needs to be tuned in on an individual basis. so now i have to get a good tune with the stock mas, the tune the maf-t to mimic it. sucks. someone local is starting to sell something called a pro-m, it is similar to the maf-t, but supposedly better. i will let you know details once i find out. personally, i want to move over to a standalone and get rid of the maf-t, but it will have to wait a bit.

sorry if i asked you this before, but are you running the hks racing type II bov? if so, do you get any surging (aka flutter) from it? my hks ssqv is surging all over the place, and it looks to be in perfect condition, although i do have leaking fuel injector seals. but once those come in, if it doesn't fix the problem, i may have to look into getting a new bov. :?

Congratulations man, I know you wanted this for awhile. Hope everything keeps going according to plan.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 4-G-rim's Avatar
    Very nice Peano...definitely the most different recirclation tube I have ever seen....but if it works thats what counts. When does you boost hit in the RPM's...I am assuming sooner than the 14b's. Also...I have to ask if its just me....What are you using for your lower radiator hose? That thing looks like vaccume cleaner hose stretched pretty good. 8)

1991 Galant VR4 1948/2000_________1996 Galant "S" 5 speed 2.4L turbo

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim
    Very nice Peano...definitely the most different recirclation tube I have ever seen....but if it works thats what counts. When does you boost hit in the RPM's...I am assuming sooner than the 14b's. Also...I have to ask if its just me....What are you using for your lower radiator hose? That thing looks like vaccume cleaner hose stretched pretty good. 8)
    at 2.5K rpm it hits 0psi, hits full boost at round 3.5Krpm. falls off after 5K to about 4-6psi. that hose is actually a flexible radiator hose from pep boys, works really good. had to replace the OEM one because it was directly in the way of the intake pipe.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

wow, i would expect it to spool a lot earlier than that. my 54 lb/min turbo spools around 3800-4000rpm on a 2.0l.

perhaps you should try a manual boost controller to keep the wastegate from opening until you get closer to full boost.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    You can make a JoeP MBC for $12 worth of Home Depot parts.
    7g for life!

1994 Galant GS 5spd

looks great Matt, your going to make a tutorial? your one of the reasons why I want to modify my g. Keep up the good work!!

Quote Originally Posted by 95mitsu03
    looks great Matt, your going to make a tutorial?
    i thought about it, but brandon's is really good. short, simple, no bullshit, cuts right to the point. plus, i wrote the tranny swap tutorial and no one reads it. people still asking for tranny swap tutorials.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation
    i thought about it, but brandon's is really good. short, simple, no bullshit, cuts right to the point. plus, i wrote the tranny swap tutorial and no one reads it. people still asking for tranny swap tutorials.

dont worry I am using your tutorial for the 5spd swap . brandons write up is good but all its missing is pics :? , but I'll use it as a guide. what I like about your tutorial is the step by step with pics so its very helpful. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation

dont worry I am using your tutorial for the 5spd swap . brandons write up is good but all its missing is pics :? , but I'll use it as a guide. what I like about your tutorial is the step by step with pics so its very helpful. 8)
    thanks. for the turbo i read the Spyder 4g64 turbo page as a basic guide, and brandon's basic tutorial just cleaned up a bunch of questions i had. between looking at pictures of djplay's car, talking to dohcstunr for hours, and peeking around on dsmtuners, i pretty much knew everything i needed to know. only problems i ran into were parts not fitting or working right.

1994 Galant GS 5spd

vids?????

Mindless
    vids?????

at least give us some sound clips you cock tease!
    VIDS NOW!!

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

what am i saying, i haven't even made real video yet.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123